Today I was thinking back to last year at this time. I was 9 months pregnant and we had a lot going on before the baby was due. I remembered one of our major events of the fall and just felt the need to share.
Last fall we put a new roof on our house. My husband is a wonderful handyman with the exception of his need for perfection and that when he does anything it takes an eternity…. Literally anyone else could have done the job in say two days, it will take him six months. And as a side note, the roof over the garage still isn’t done and it has been a year now. Handy yes, timely he is not.
One of the things I worry about when he is working with power tools, heck who am I kidding any tool, I worry he will cut himself. Why do I worry about this, because the fool passes out cold at the sight of his own blood.
Now I am not talking a little blood, that is no big deal but if he gushes blood, down he goes, like a sack of potatoes. It’s not funny when it happens but I laugh so hard I cry when it is all over. I laugh because there is nothing funnier than a grown man who passes out at the sight of his own blood.
Now as I was saying, last fall we were putting on a new roof. I told him, do not cut yourself up their and go falling off the top of the house. I teased him as I said this but I was also very serious.
He was down to the last part of the roof and everyone had gone home so he was roofing alone. I here him howler and he was rushing down the ladder. I think great, what did he do now. Here he comes with his hand wrapped in his shirt and tells me he has sliced his finger with a knife. He won’t take it out of the shirt to let me see because he knows if he looks at it he will be down for the count. I am thinking to myself thank god you didn’t pass out and fall off the roof.
I had to drive him to the urgent care. He was all worried about putting his tools away and I was more worried about how I was going to pick his butt up off the ground if he passes out. I was 9 months pregnant at the time so this would not have been an easy task. We get their and they take him back to a room. I waited in the waiting room with Luke. Then I hear this load scream from a nurse and this huge crash. Well if you haven’t guessed by now, yes that crash was my husband passing out and trashing the room on his way to the floor. I guess when the nurse took his hand out of the shirt to see what he did, he looked at it. He didn’t warn them, he took one look at it and down he went. Now they had to give him stitches on his finger and they had to treat the big bump on his goofy head. Finally they make him lie down and keep his finger out of sight as he continues to feel faint as they clean him and stitch him up.
My poor husband finds this horribly embarrassing and he doesn’t like people to know he can’t control this. I am not very kind because I find it very funny. I am laughing right now just sharing this story with all of you.
He has only done this three times since I have known him. One time at work cutting something at lunch, slicing his finger and passing out in front of everyone. He has a scar on his chin from hitting the table that time. A second time in our basement from cutting his hand on a broken light bulb and then finally this latest time. He did almost cut his finger off with the table saw a couple years ago and he somehow managed to not pass out from this one. I don’t know how because this one was gross and just about made me faint.
See why I worry every time he uses power tools. He obviously isn’t very careful. Heck looking back I don’t know how he has all his fingers. .
Well it is fall again and he is all ready to take down this huge tree in our back yard that split in our last storm. The thought of him using a chain saw and log splitter just scares me to death.
So do any of you know someone who passes out at the sight of blood, needles or something unusual that makes them squeamish or faint?
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
►
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
▼
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ▼ 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
October 03, 2008
Funny Story from a Year Ago...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




4 Comments Welcome:
My dad passes out at needles, and he's a big guy who doesn't get upset about much! He was born with eye problems, so much of his childhood was spent in surgeries to fix his eyes - and spent around needles. I don't know if he had a bad experience or what, but he will pass out from a shot or an IV or getting blood drawn. Maybe your husband had something traumatic happen to him when he was little?
No I don't know anyone that passes out..but this story was very funny..I laughed most of the way through it...lol.... :)
I'm laughing so hard over here!! I know him cutting himself isn't funny obviously but the fact that he seems to injure himself after the original injury after seeing the blood is funny. Good God, I'd watch him like a hawk while he's cutting down that tree!!! But I have to give him kudos for at least getting the chores done! My husband finally just cut the grass in our backyard this weekend when one of the babies walked out there and I ran inside the house and said "Oh My God, I lost Landon in the backyard in the grass somewhere".
My husband isn't squeamish with blood but when I had my first c-section, the OB doing the surgery said "hey, you wanna see this fibroid on your wife's uterus?" and my husband looked over and saw the OB with my uterus in his hand and told the nurse he thought he was gonna pass out. He didn't end up passing out but he still cannot talk about it without feeling like he's gonna drop to the floor.
Well, I join him with this! I even pass out from watching people give blood. The only difference is watching my children--then I spring to action--because there's no choice. Now my husband bleeding, that's another story...
Post a Comment