Play along at An Island Life for Aloha Friday.In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
My question this week…..
If you had the chance once get all dressed up in something formal and fancy for a party would you be excited or would you rather have the party and skip all the formal stuff?
I asked this question this week because I have a formal party next Friday and for some reason this year I am not excited to get all dressed up.
I asked this question this week because I have a formal party next Friday and for some reason this year I am not excited to get all dressed up.
In past years I have been thrilled because I go out get a dress (hubby buys), new shoes, hair done, the works. I buy some cute dress similar to the one shown and have a great night out. Then we go to the party, get a hotel room and really enjoy our grown up night (no kids).
But this year I just don’t want to do it. I want the night out but I don’t want to get dressed up at least not this year.
Maybe I don't like the idea of wearing a dress because the weather is getting so cold. Maybe I am feeling this way because I don’t have a new dress and I don’t want to go shopping. Yes, I know that is crazy but really I don’t want to.
I should probably be out shopping and not blogging right now because my formal night is coming rather I am ready for it or not. Wish me luck!!!






21 Comments Welcome:
It really depends on my mood. Sometimes, formals parties are great-- other times they feel like such a hassle.
Have fun at your party! =)
I am definitely not one for all of the fuss of getting dressed up. I would rather have a simple party and good time with family and friends where I can be comfortable.
Good luck with the party next week.
I love to dress up and have a reason to be "formal", so I say bring it on! Have a great time!
I like to dress up once in a while since I don't do that often ;)
This is my first time to actually dress up in probably 7 yrs so I'm looking forward to this one! Ask me again the closer we get though & I'll probably be ready to skip it as I've done in the past!
I LOVE GETTING dressed up in formal clothes
I think I would like to dress up--I hardly go to any formal parties!
I love an excuse to get dressed to the nines.
It occurs so infrequently though.
I love getting dressed up, so I would say yes!
I wish you luck and pray you are ready next week, have fun!
I think formal, it does depend on the mood
I am not want to get all gussied up! If I could find something that was flattering to my figure, I might be more excited about it. Just finding that perfect something to wear is a pain in the butt!! =S
I am not one to get all gussied up! If I could find something that was flattering to my figure, I might be more excited about it.
Just finding that perfect something to wear is a pain in the butt!! =S
This is one of my goals lol When I lose the rest of this weight.. I am going to buy a beautiful gown..and go to a party or something with my husband.. Right now I feel like I would look like a potato sack LOL so I would probably not go to anything fancy..until I felt better ugh.
I haven't gotten all dressed up in about 7 years honestly! I'd love to do it though..if I had the occasion and clothes!!!!!
Maybe it depends on the company I am keeping that night! I love both and also sometimes don't love both!
Ohhh saw that your dream vacation was to Hawaii and had to stop back and say aloha!
I would want to get all dressed up! I love going to hubby's christmas parties b/c I have to get all dolled up! I'm a SAHM and rarely am given the chance to dress up!
I LOVE an excuse to dress up. I love fancy stuff and looking fabulous. I don't get all dolled up every day but I cherish the excuses for a gown and heels. :) Aloha!
sometimes i feel like dressing . depends on the occassion. If it's really a dress code for the party, then i might as well do it. cheers!
I dress up during formal occasions but honestly I'm not too fond of formal parties.
Have a wonderful time at the party.
I would be excited, I think! Especially if it meant a new dress and shoes!
Post a Comment