March 27, 2009

When they are little, Aloha Friday

Aloha Friday # 25

My question this week:

When your children were little what did you love most about that time and what about that time do you not miss?

I asked this question today because last night at 3:00 in the morning I am sitting up cuddling my 16 month old. I just hold and rock him and enjoy every moment of it even when I am exhausted. I enjoy it because I know this time will end before I know it. I like to just look down at his peaceful little face and snuggle him next to me and wish that moment would last forever. Now the part I really wish was over, the not sleeping all night long. He is just to old to be getting up every night still. I guess in some ways this is a contradiction because I love that time in the night but I am ready for him to sleep all night which will bring and end to our time at night.


Play along at An Island Life for Aloha Friday. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

22 Comments Welcome:

Unknown said...

I miss the late night cuddles too, even though at the time it made for many sleepless nights! I also miss my daughters cute 2 word sentences when she was about two. The one that comes to mind was "Good Day" for have a good day, I still say that one at work to my friends. I'm sure that people who don't know us think we're wierd.
Have a good Friday!

Anonymous said...

These are the special moments that we as parents will always cherish. I love when my girls just come and sit with me and cuddle with me to even now when they are 8 and 11.
Have a great weekend!

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Easy! I miss holding and cuddling them ~ they are 29 & 30 now, so they don't fit too well on my lap, but sometimes I make them do it anyhow - ha! Hmm. . . although my kids got thru the Teens years fairly well, I don't miss a few of the dramatics during those years!

Anonymous said...

I really loved the long hugs and cuddles. I miss that!

Diane said...

i don't miss teething i can tell you that! and my younger daughter had acid reflux so she puked at the drop of a hat. :(

but i do miss looking at their little baby toes and seeing that first smile.

not enough to want to do it all over again though! i think i'll just enjoy the stage they're in now.

Jaime said...

my son's still little (only 15 months) but i just melt every time he throws his hands in the air, yells "mama!" and gives me a huge hug when i pick him up from daycare at the end of the day

janetfaye said...

There are times that I remember my kids being young and I do miss. I miss everything about them being little.

Momstart said...

my children are still little

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I am cherishing the cuddles with my little guy now (22 months old). My oldest is 5 and barely gives me those now. I miss those days when it was so simple. Now with kindergarten there is so much more on our plate.

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

I loved that you could just pick them up and take them anywhere without any hassle. Now, when we leave the house it is such a chore.

Of course there is the cuddling and cooing... The looks that just seem to say, "I love you so much."

Jenn@ The Crazies said...

I miss when my kids would hug and snuggle me. Now that they are older they dont want to be touched or loved unless they r sick :(
and I do NOT miss being up all night with a sick or new baby!

sues2u2 said...

That is so funny that you asked this because I was w/ a group of moms earlier & our most common "miss" was when the kids start school & you don't have that last one who chatters while you are in the store.

T Rex Mom said...

My little one is still little - I just keep reminding myself to soak up every moment - even the tough ones (like those long nights) because he will be going off to college before I know it. Thanks for the reflective question. Have a great weekend!

East Coast Wahine said...

I miss them when they were little. They are older now and one daughter is expecting her 3rd child. I watch me little grandkids as much as I can as it reminds me of being with my two girls when they were that age.

Maggie said...

Well, Jonah is still in the little stage, so I'll try to answer this question relative to Josh. I miss him being Jonah's age. 2-3 is such a cute age when they are learning new words and saying new things all the time. I miss that the most I think. What do I not miss... hmmm... I don't know w/ Josh. He was such a great baby/toddler that I don't really remember any times I wouldn't want to re-live. Now, Jonah on the other hand, is a different story. Ask me this question in 12 years and I will have lots of examples on Jonah. HAHA

kailani said...

I loved carrying them and I don't miss the feedings every 2 hours!

Heather said...

I definitely miss those sweet moments we'd spend in the wee early morning hours where I was just dying for another wink of sleep but he was happy and cooing. I do NOT miss all the diapers, ha!

sparkzspot said...

Hi friend.. Interesting post.. Nice blog work.. keep it up..
will drop by your site often.. Do find time to visit my blog and post your comments..
Have a great day.. Cheers!!!

Aunt Julie said...

Loved: Snuggling with them on the couch and watching The Sound of Music.
Don't miss: Hmmmmmmmm...I miss so much. I think I really don't miss checking up on them all the time and making sure they did their homework!

Heart of Rachel said...

My son is now 5 years old. He's growing up fast. I take advantage of each day I spend with him. He easily makes me smile and laugh with his funny antics.

Jenni said...

Oh I miss the little baby snuggles...but the big kid snuggles are pretty awesome, too!

Heatherlyn said...

I loved just about everything about it when they were little! Except I don't miss having to feed them. I like that they can feed themselves. And I don't miss feeling so tired all the time. But I love them being little!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template