December 09, 2009

Tree Picking

Went on Sunday and selected our Christmas tree. The boys had a blast running in and out of the rows of trees. Gotta love kids!
Unfortunately, my tree is leaning against the wall and still not in water. This is not good. My husband has been sick and not able to get it cut and into the stand. I am hoping this will happen soon or we are going to have a dead tree.

Don't know when I will get it decorated and Christmas is right around the corner. Makes me a little nervous that we are this far behind this year.

Other updates, still lots to do and feels like nothing is getting done. Sorry if I haven't been around much. I promise I will do my best to make it around when I can and after the New Year all should be back to normal.

Oh and Diane, sorry I had to turn the word verification back on. I am getting spam in my comments daily and I have had enough of it.

Happy Holiday's all!

12 Comments Welcome:

T Rex Mom said...

The boys look so cute bundled up tree shopping!

I laughed when you said Elmo got a bath and fur dry. T Rex has been insisting Elmo wear his glasses. So charming that they have their own little friends!

I've been getting a little more spam recently too - wonder what's up.

Oh, I finally purchased the inserts for the Bummis covers. I laundered them all day yesterday and they are ready for use. I found 6 more covers at the local consignment store for $3 each. Great deals!

Hope your hubby feels better soon and you and the rest of the family don't catch what he has.

More Than Words said...

Aww..I hope your hubby feels better soon!!! One day, I want to cut down our own tree. I know my kids will love it!

Ugh..spam!

Kristi said...

We cut down a tree for the first time this year. The kids had so much fun rolling in the snow down the hill while we were out there that they are already looking forward to next year. And I definitely think this year's tree is prettier than any artificial one that we've ever had.

Unknown said...

What fun picking out a tree! We have an artificial one, so it is something we have never done! Hope your tree gets in some water soon and that Hubby starts to feel better soon!
I too feel so far behind, I still have tons of presents to buy, wrap etc!!! Hop you are around but if not we sure understand! Have a great week!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

They look so cute!

Hope your hubbie is well soon :D

Muthering Heights said...

Oooo, I hope you get the tree up soon!

Heatherlyn said...

I have many many happy memories of running up and down and in and out of those rows of trees at the live tree farm where we would pick our tree every year. Sadly, we've never done that with our own chlidren. Your kids will remember it forever!!! I hope your husband feels better soon! I can't believe that Christmas is so near!!!!

Maggie said...

Hang in there, girl! At least you got a FABULOUS picture of the boys at the tree farm!!! =)

Take some comfort in knowing that the family on The Christmas Story didn't get their tree and decorate it until Christmas Eve. Alot of families did it that way in the old days. Still special no matter what time of December you do it... just as long as you get it done by the 25th, haha - and take lots of pictures!!

Brandi said...

I hope you get your tree up soon!

It's been crazy at our house too...haven't been blogging as much as I would like! Or reading them for that matter!

Peanut said...

Those adorable boys of yours look like they would love to help you decorate when you get your tree up (which always sounds good and memory-making in theory, but turns stressful for me within five minutes!) Hope hubby is better soon so you can get'er done!
I've been the same with posting lately and especially with visiting blogs... hopefully I'll get my writing mojo back soon.
Merry Christmas :)

Caitlin said...

I hope that your hubby feels better and can get the tree up soon! The good news is that your kids are young enough that they probably won't remember in a few years if you had a dead tree or not.. right?Maybe?

Good luck with the last push until Christmas!

Brandi said...

Hey chica...how are you? I think you are a very busy lady, since I hardly see you online any more! Happy holidays!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template