Happy New Year!
I really thought things were going to slow down but my entire holiday break was crazy. Way to many commitments that I will not do next year for my break.
My beautiful Luke turned 7 on December 30th. Hard to believe he is now 7 years old. Time goes by way to fast.
Seems like yesterday he was this little thing....
And in a blink he has grown into my big boy.
We had a small birthday celebration at home with us and grandma's and grandpa's and a couple cousins. This provided me with an opportunity to make a trial cake. Luke wanted a Star Wars character and he picked Jango Fett (don't feel bad I don't have a clue either). My husband does not like Fondant so I used icing. Made my own and colored it blue and it was a night mare. First little kids and blue icing is not a good choice. Second I just couldn't get it to spread correctly on my cake that I carved and shaped into a lego character.
Here is the result of my not so pretty cake.
We also planned on Saturday after the New Year a party with Luke's friends at a local bowling ally. The kids had a blast! This was my chance to redeem myself on the birthday cake and Luke changed characters on me to Boba Fett (son of Jango Fett). Good news he isn't blue. This time I used fondant because I was not making an ugly cake twice. Turned out really cool and I got lots of great comments.
Here is the result of my second cake.
Let me just say I live for the comments especially after slaving over that cake for hours on end. I am not a pro at cake decorating but I expect perfection so this causes me hours of work as I do and redo things. This cake I started decorating Friday night around 8:30, went to bed at 12:30, got up at 8:30 and finished at 11:50 just as it is time to walk out the door for the party.
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
▼
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
-
►
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
►
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
January 05, 2010
He Turned Seven
Labels: birthdays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




7 Comments Welcome:
Awesome cakes! Happy Birthday to your little Luke- he is so cute!
what a difference between cake 1 and cake 2! your skills are really improving!! good job!!
and happy birthday big guy!!!! whoo hoo!
I'm amazed at how much better the fondant cake looks. I wonder if you didn't spread the "real frosting" cakes and instead applied it with the star tip if it wouldn't look better. I mean, I don't think you could compare it to the fondant. That just looks FANTASTIC. But I bet it would be better. You are brave for using any sort of bright icing! You are amazing for doing that!!!
O.K. I think all your cakes rock! The Boba Fett (that would be son of Jango Fett, no clue either!! LOL) turned out just awesome!! I will remember the tip about the blue icing, I knew black was bad (messy) for the kids but not blue!
You rock staying up that late to do a cake mom!
I love the picture of Luke when he was so little, I mean where does the time go???
Hey, Happy New Year to you and your family!!
Yeah! I get to be the first to comment on that amazing cake! Wow! Interesting choice of Star Wars character - guess it could have been harder.
Glad you're back - you were missed!
I love the second cake, and I don't think the 1st cake is too horrible!
Have a great day! Hope to see you on here more frequently! :)
I like both cakes!! But, I see what you mean, the fondant gives it a cleaner look. I could never do that well on cake decorating... I wish I had that kind of patience!! Way to go!! I bet the kids LOVED IT!!
Post a Comment