Sometimes the creativity is just to funny not to share.
This is our make shift car with a better seat....I am guessing.
This is our make shift car with a better seat....I am guessing.

On another note: I must share how proud I am of my 1st grader. This past week he had a spelling test with some pretty big and tough words like "because and strike". It was the first week where the words were very random and no themes with sounds.
He took his test and that day I asked him how he did.
His words "my teacher was not happy because 21 out of 23 kids failed the spelling test".
I asked him how he thought he did?
"Mom I did good, I know it."
Sure enough he got a perfect on his spelling test. It was him and another little girl in his class who passed the test. I was so proud of him. It also gave me a great teaching moment. We practice our spelling words a lot in the car. On our way to school I quiz him and on the way home I quiz him. It is a great way to use our travel time. Lately he has been complaining about my car quizzes and not wanting to do them. Now he is glad that I do this and no longer resisting our practice time.






5 Comments Welcome:
LOVE the creativity!!!!
And Hooray for your son, and also for you! I was thinking even before you said that you drill him that you must actually work with him on his words. Most any child can pass any level of difficulty on a spelling test if the parent takes the time to review the words every single day. It's a shame that so many parents don't even do that! You are doing great! And now your son trusts your judgment just a little bit more and that is wonderful too!
That's awesome! Glad he passed his test, and what a great way to practice, although I wont' have that luxury if we stay in this house...we live across the street from the school Marlee will hopefully go to! :)
Good job to Luke on the spelling test - awesome!
And oh so creative on the car/carseat arrangement!
Your little guy looks so cute sitting in the booster/car! How creative! And I am very impressed that out of only two kids who passed the spelling test, Luke was one of them! And a perfect score! Awesome, and yes, great teaching moment!
What a great job on the spelling test! I really like the idea of practicing in the car, I am going to have to remember that.
Love the booster on the car too! Very creative!
Post a Comment