I live in an old house and old houses seem to go hand-in-hand with mice. We have had at least one or two mice every winter for the last eight years we have lived here. Part of it is we have old stone foundation with lots of cracks and mice can squeeze through very tiny place, second we live with a huge field behind our house so they are inevitable.
Recently I was just boasting about how we have not had a mouse this year. This makes me really happy because I hate seeing evidence of a mouse in my house. Droppings are always my first warning... YUCK!!!! Time to set a trap.
Today, my stupid dog is trying to dig something out of my bathroom closet. We have the dog food bin right near their so I just assumed she was trying to get a dropped piece of dog food. Guess again....
Instead, I go walking through my living room and see her sitting on my area rug with a dead mouse. (I should look on the bright side at least she wasn't on my sofa with it) I see this and just hope as I walk up closer to her it isn't what I think it is but it is. First I am mad because it is just little Thomas and me at home. I can't have my 2 year old clean up the dead mouse and that just leaves me. I don't like living mice but dead ones gross me out even more. Especially after my dog has slobbered all over it as well. I am sure I am giving you all this great visual, sorry!
I get my dust pan and my little wisk broom and flip it into the dust pan. Then I spray my carpet with lots of carpet cleaner and vacuum. Mouse good and one dog literally in the dog house.
I took a picture but decided you all really did not want to see my dead mouse. Funny thing is I look at the picture and it is so tiny yet grosses me out so much.
Instead my little Thomas picked up my camera and took a picture of me as I am taking out the trash of the dead mouse. Go figure, he takes a good picture at the worst possible moment.
Don't let the smile fool you, I wasn't happy just putting on a happy face for my little guy.
Why does stuff like this have to happen to me???? Can you handle a dead mouse?
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
▼
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
►
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
►
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
February 26, 2010
OH NO SHE DIDN'T
Labels: pets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




9 Comments Welcome:
That's a great photo of you - Thomas might have a future in photography! Pretty good for a two year old!
When we lived in a rental home while our house was being built we had a huge mouse infestation. The landlords told us to just "buy something" but we couldn't as our dogs would get into and get sick so we had to live trap them - it was rough but we did it and even caught a pack rat - scary, huh?
No problems in the house we live in now, thankfully! Good luck.
I would never guess that you are holding a dead mouse!! LOL
I don't blame you. I would be totally grossed out too!!
Well...someone has to handle the dead mice, and yes it is usually me! We have been lucky at this house they only have been in our garage!
The picture of you is great! I can't believe your 2 year old took that!
Do not kiss the dog! lol
And seriously I"d be grossed out too.
And that smile is more than 1000 watts! You are just beautiful!
You son does take a good shot too.
Great photo of you!! Jonah loves to take pictures... we have even gotten him a few disposable ones so that he doesn't break mine! =)
Oh my gosh, I can't stand mice in the house. BLECK!! In our old house, we had one in the wall, in the entrance of our master bedroom, and it was scratching around for a few days. I couldn't even sleep with the scratching, grosed me out SO bad!! Then, a few weeks later, he must have died in there because there was this gosh awful smell coming from our walls. OMG, I wanted to throw up every time I entered my bedroom!! It lingered for what seemed weeks. I was so completely disgusted. And if that wasn't bad enough, as soon as the smell went away, we heard another one scratching (same issue as you, we had a field behind our house), and sure enough, the smell soon followed. Worst possible experience ever... well, now that I say that, I guess my sister had the worst experience with a mouse. I won't give you all the details, because it is NASTY, but one got caught on a sticky trap in her kitchen one night, and lets just say in an effort to get away, left certain parts of his face behind. OK, yeah, that was way too much information, lol. Sorry if you're grosed out. I just grosed out myself with that story again. haha
Nope. Can't handle mice. YUCK!
That is a fantastic picture of you though! :) And only you and Thomas will know that you are holding a dead mouse! :)
You look beautiful! And he even has you pretty much centered. That's impressive!
I'm not a fan of dead stuff. I could handle it. But who wants a mouse in their house? Really? I don't like mouse traps because they mangle the mouse, too. It's all just ick.
Mice totally gross me out, but I do hate to kill them. I'm a bleeding heart that way. Still, if they are in the house, they have to go, one way or another. We've been lucky to only have one all the time we've lived here.
That is a great photo of you. So pretty!
Great picture, but a HORRIBLE situation! I am so sorry! I have had so many of those kind of moments (not specifically a dead mouse- thankfully) where it hits me that I am the only adult around and I have to deal with whatever gross thing is happening.
One time my cat brought in a dying, bleeding bird that was flapping all over the place...ugh.
Post a Comment