March 22, 2010

Funny Things

My kids can provide so much humor into my life. This always makes life so great because when you least expect it they will say or do something that just brings huge smiles and laughter into our home.

Luke & Me
Luke comes into our bathroom to potty while I am getting ready for church yesterday morning. He sits down and I instantly thank him for smelling up my bathroom as I am trying to get ready.
Luke: "Well I am not as bad as daddy. Daddy is a "P-U" and I am just a "P". "
Me: I just laugh at his logic and tell him he is such a silly kid.

Dinner Time
We all sit down to eat dinner.
Thomas (my 2 year old) holds out his hand and say's "give me five mommy".
Me: Hold out my hand and give him five.
Thomas: Holds up a fist and says "give me nickles" (knuckles).
Me: Hold out my hand and he gives me knuckles.
Thomas: Holds up his finger and says "touch my finger"
Me: Touch his finger and he says "SSSSS".

No clue who tought him this but it had us all laughing.

I have so many of these moments all the time and I am always forgetting them because I don't write them down. Since both of these happened yesterday they are fresh in my mind. What have you kids done lately that brought about a good laugh?

9 Comments Welcome:

Brandi said...

Marlee has me cracking up all the time! This morning she licked Mike from his chin to his nose, in an effort to give him a kiss! :)

Heatherlyn said...

Kids do and say the most delightful things. Blogs are great places to write down the little moments--as long as you remember! I can't think of any specific thing right now. I'm just really grateful not to miss a moment, even if I can't remember it later!

Brandi said...

Oh yes, the stripper pole. It also has some awesome red/black shag carpet down there too, so it completes the look! :)

T Rex Mom said...

T Rex has just really started cracking me up. When our dog acts up we say, "Anya's a beast". The other day we were at my sister's house and her dog got into the trash. T Rex saw this and exclaimed, "Rosie...Beast!"

Love Luke's "P". That's great.

T Rex Mom said...

You asked where we got our seed kit - the Fred Meyer grocery store. I'm not sure if you have one of those where you live but it's a "one stop shopping" store - groceries, home stuff, and apparel. Happy planting!

Maggie said...

LOL, so cute!! I love it when they start saying stuff that makes you laugh and you wonder where in the world they picked it up, haha

Caitlin said...

Haha! Love the one about "PU!"
I just finally bought a journal to try to write down things, every Sunday, that Joseph has said that's funny. I really hope I do it, because it's hard to remember these adorable things!

Heatherlyn said...

I think it is a very good thing when people don't give up on a relationship just because it takes a turn other than the expected.

18 years is a looong time!!!! Congratulations! I think it is an even bigger accomplishment because you both are really different and certainly have grown together in a lot of areas.

As for the p90x yoga ... I just do the p90 and I don't even like the power yoga. My husband does the p90x yoga which in my mind is 90 minutes of hell. It's probably very good for you though. He certainly is getting toned up from the program!

Heatherlyn said...

Oh, and you do get a LOT more dates in once the kids hit about 10 years-old. It's a totally different phase in marriage. You miss your little kids but it is really nice to get to go out on dates again! It's just always important to make time as a couple because someday the kids really do grow up and then you two are what you have and that can be a very good thing.

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template