My kids, this is who I am talking about. I put them and their needs and wants before anything else.
I decided to blog about this today because I recently noticed I have many things that are worn out, falling apart and in dyer need of replacing. But because I always put my kids first I never spend money on myself. Never! OK, not never but very rare and it usually isn’t something for my joy but something out of necessity. For example, my broken steam mop, I was lost with out it so I broke down and bought myself a new one. A mop doesn’t exactly bring the feeling of glamour to a gal.
I don’t buy new things like shoes or purses too often.
Tennis shoes…. New October 2007 thanks to my best friend Vicki who replaced the same tennis shoes that were really worn out. Funny thing, I would probably still be wearing those tennis shoes had she not bought the new ones for my birthday in 07.
My purse…. Christmas 2006 or 2007 (not sure)… bottom line is it is old and worn out. The strap is on its last leg and inside pretty worn out and yucky looking. Case in point just the other day I had a chicken nugget in it. Isn’t being a mother wonderful? Current condition of my purse is boarder-line bag lady. Seriously!
My leather gloves…. Old, at least 5 years old, maybe older… these were a Christmas gift and the fingers have holes in them. It is actually very embarrassing but they serve their purpose. Plus winter is almost over and I will make myself put them in the trash so next winter I have to buy a new pair.
My sun glasses are missing a screw but still holding on so I keep wearing them.
I don’t want you all to think I am this ratty person but I think you are getting the idea. I just don’t do for myself. I make money and spend it on the kids. They have new things out of necessity as they have out grown or wear things out. If it wasn’t for holiday’s I probably would never have new clothes, case in point all the things I listed above were all gifts.
Any time I do plan to splurge on myself something unexpected will occur and take my “mad” money away. Then when I really do have the extra money I can’t decide how I should spend it and then I struggle with spending it or I splurge it on the kids. I guess because I have so many things I would like to have I don’t know what I want/need more.
Right now I guess I am feeling worn out, literally. It seems everything I own is worn out and I could use new. I just can’t decide what is priority, necessity and/or where to even begin. It is so rare I give to myself that it isn’t easy for me to do.
My question for all of you, do you buy what you want when you want it? Do you treat yourself on occasion? Do you budget for things you want? Do you spend more on the kids than yourself?
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
▼
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
►
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
►
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
March 08, 2010
They always come first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




5 Comments Welcome:
I used to buy what I wanted when I wanted - prekids. Now, there is just no time or money to buy what I want so they come first. And actually, it is more fun to shop for them than me.
If there is something for the house we need we usually save and then purchase it. We don't like to buy anything on credit unless we can pay it off before any interest is due.
I do think, however, you are overdo for some new things for you. I do have to admit, the last "new pair" of shoes I got were Nike tennis shoes that a friend gave me because they no longer fit her. That was about a year and a half ago.
I hear you worn out! I rarely spend on me and hubby, out of dire necessity is the key in our house, and then I am bargain shopper or thrift store girl supreme! You are so not alone girl! I think even my Mom still does this, not wanting to spend our inheritance on herself! So I guess it never changes huh??
Hugs to you and I hope you have a good week!
Hmmm ... my husband is the LEAST spent upon person in our home. Although, he's been working out now for almost 6 months and needs all new clothing that fit him right since he's in much better shape.
I need a new pair of jeans ... but stuff for the kids and the house just keep coming first.
I think that both my husband and I definitely put ourselves last.
But ... as the kids get older we have found a little bit more balance in this area.
Girl, I am getting my glasses replaced for my birthday present.
So I hear ya. I hear ya.
I feel that way sometimes. I really wish that I would stop buying fabrick and save that money to buy some new clothes...but I just would rather do some other stuff like making things or buying Marlee stuff than spend money on me or rather on clothes. :)
Hope you get some new stuff soon! :)
Post a Comment