April 09, 2010

Spring

I just love spring.... I love all the tree blossoms and seeing life appear all over again.

This is our little plumb tree.
We planted this tree in June 2001 and it was nothing more than a little sapling twig. Someone gave us three little sapling starts and this was the only one that made it. Amazing to me how much it has grown over the years. It has never produced plumbs large enough to eat but the squirrels love to eat off of our little tree. They also love to tease our dogs as they sit and eat.

Please excuse the large pile of mulch behind the tree. I would love to say we are in the middle of our spring mulching but that would be a lie. That pile of mulch has been their for about two years now. We used a lot of it but ordered way to much. Good news is when I rip off my front porch and landscape the front, I will use it all up then.

Side note, I will get my Easter pictures posted soon. I just still don't feel good and now Thomas is also coming down with something. So for now I will keep my post simple and share my Easter pictures next week.

Happy Friday All!!!

8 Comments Welcome:

scargosun said...

Did you do anything different with that tree? When did you plant it? We really need to replace some dogwoods and I'd LOVE to try some fruit trees.

T Rex Mom said...

Beautiful. Is that your back yard or front yard? Either way - it's beautiful! Love the picket fence.

Caitlin said...

BEAUTIFUL tree! The trees are just starting to turn around here-nothing like that yet!

Hope you all feel better soon!

Heatherlyn said...

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Your tree is lovely! I wonder if tying shiney bits of ribbon to the branches would keep the birds away? I've seen something like that in vineyards. I don't know what they do for orchards. I have fond memories of eating plums straight from my parents' plum tree when I was a little kid. :)

Unknown said...

It is just beautiful!!
I love spring!

I hope you all are feeling better soon!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Beautiful tree. Love it.

Hope you and Thomas are feeling better soon.

Brandi said...

That is a cool little tree! I have thought about planting one this year with Marlee. We shall see. I am also going to do a garden, but I need to get going on that too! :)

Maggie said...

Your yard looks so much better than ours, even with the big pile of mulch, lol

We are seriously considering hiring the Scott's man to come and get rid of all our weeds... I think I've finally convinced my husband that by calling in reinforcements doesn't mean he 'failed' as a man in the yard, haha

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template