June 09, 2010

A little laugh

There is nothing I enjoy more than a good laugh from my children.

The other day for the first time Thomas (2 year old) walks up to his little potty and says I have to go pee. So I say, go potty. He walks up to the potty but instead of sitting down he bends his little legs in a bow shape and starts peeing. I laughed so hard because this is the first time he has peed standing up. I will give him lots of credit because he hit the little hole better than when his brother uses the real potty and misses his target 75% of the time.

This all took me back because Luke was 2 when he first learned to pee standing up. I will never forget him coming home from preschool and standing in front of the potty. I freaked out thinking he has no clue what he is doing but his friend Cameron taught him.

This leads me to believe that Thomas has learned from another little boy at the preschool as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note Thomas had another fever (103)over the weekend. We went back to the doctors on Monday and I was a mom on a mission and wasn't taking no for an answer. The doctor issued the C-diff. test along with a few other tests. They also did another strep test (4th one in a month) and it was negative but his throat was still a little red. I delivered his stool sample to the lab yesterday morning so hopefully we will hear something very soon.

I also gave my notice to the preschool this week. I agonized over this decision. I want Thomas to have everything Luke had and Luke's experiences at the preschool were so good. I just don't think Thomas is getting the same so I have decided to part ways. I was also having a lot of trouble with how much it costs especially with having to pay for child care for Luke for the summer months. I tallied it all up and it is costing me almost $300 a week for the two of them and this is for part time child care. That is crazy!!!

I did not go with the first lady I interviewed but some friends of ours use a lady who has set up a house (not her home) just for a preschool/daycare. She runs it with the help of her daughter and another lady. She is going to charge me $35 a day for both my boys. This is fantastic!!! At the end of the day I said this was not about the money but I was having a real hard time with spending $300 a week in child care when that money really could be used for other things. I also love that Luke will be going with Thomas because this will make the change for Thomas so much easier.

Luke is excited because our friends son goes their and they are the same age and play together really well.

Lots to do so everyone have a wonderful week.

5 Comments Welcome:

Unknown said...

I love the standing up and peeing story!! I told my husband he was in charge of teaching our son that and he does very well now!
It sounds like your preschool and daycare move is going to work well for all of you! I sure hope Thomas gets (and stays) better soon! You have a good week too!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Great news about the preschool. Sounds meant to be. Hope you get some answers soon about the illness...poor little guy.

T Rex Mom said...

I find "stand up potty" to be SO useful. T Rex had to learn one day when we were visiting a friend who was remodeling their home and the bathroom did not have a toilet. So we had to take him outside to a bush. He did great and thought it was the coolest thing. Now I feel so much better about using public restrooms since he can stand up.

I really hope your little guy gets to feeling better soon. It's really tough on him and definitely on you.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Heatherlyn said...

I hope the test results are reassuring to you when they come back!

It also sounds like it will be a good situation to have them in their daycare together. That will be great! And what a good idea to have a house but not your own house for a day care. That sounds just fantastic and professional!

Brandi said...

I'm sure you're going to be much happier with the smaller one! I hope it goes smoothly at the new place!

I can just imagine your little one bowing his legs...it cracks me up! :)

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template