Once again this year I decided to grow a garden. I find great peace hanging out, tending to the plants, pulling weeds and just spending time in my garden.
First up in the producing department this year, cucumbers. I always tend to go over board in my planting, last weekend I pulled 22 cucumbers (large ones) out of the garden. This did not include the small ones that are not ready to come out yet.
Last year zucchini was the wild vegi, I really scaled back on it this year because I am still sick of it from last year. I have pulled a few zucchini out now as well.
Tomato's also going crazy however they are still green. We love tomato's around here so really looking forward to them turning red.
Finally, I pulled a large bag of green beans from the garden this past weekend. I really want to can these but have never canned before. I am seeking advice or help. Have you canned? Canned green beans? Any tips or suggestions you can throw my way would be a huge help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a side note, hanging out today at home with my little guy. He picked up the cold that his brother had last week. However Thomas little chest was heaving up and down very hard yesterday. Took him to the doctor and after a couple x-rays and a doctors exam, he has pneumonia. He has fluid on both lungs, the doctor gave him a three day antibiotic and told me if he has breathing trouble I am to take him directly to the hospital. I don't handle this type of pressure well so I am watching him closely and trying not to over react and rush him to the hospital for every little thing. I really don't do these things well.
Since writing this post earlier today, we had to go back to the doctor, not the hospital just the doctor. Thomas developed welts all over his body, he had an allergic reaction to the medicine the doctor put him on. We now have new medicine that we have to take for 10 days, not three (bummer). I am a bit worried as the new medicine is the same that he was on last time he developed all those mouth sores. I will be watching that closely now also. You all don't care if I let out a big sigh do you?????
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
▼
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ▼ 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
►
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
►
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
July 20, 2010
Gardening
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




6 Comments Welcome:
First, your garden sounds amazing. I would like one like that!!!
But your little guy! :( I would worry, too. It's especially unfortunate that he is allergic to the medicine! If he got mouth sores from the one he is taking now doesn't that mean he is allergic to that one, too?
I really hope that he gets better!!!!
Your poor Thomas - I am so sad for him. That is really horrible and really rough. Did they give him anything else to help with the breathing?
However, your garden sounds delightful - we are just about to get some tomatoes from our very small garden.
OH jeeze! You have had a rough spring/summer! I hope it all gets better soon!
As far as canning, i would look online. There are some great sites out there...
I'm sorry! Your poor Thomas! Hope he is feeling better tonight!
I have never canned green beans before, but I know that you can freeze them too!
Oh poor Thomas! I sure hope he is doing better by now, reactions can sure be scary!!
No help with canning here sorry, but your garden sounds great!!
Your garden sounds wonderful!! I wish I had one at times. My brother in law gave us some squash yesterday from his garden, and I am going to fry some up tonight with some grilled chicken. YUM, can't wait!! I haven't had fried squash in a long time!!
I'm so sorry to hear that Thomas got sick like that, those reactions are SO scarry (we just went through Fifth's Disease with Jonah - and that's exactly what I thought happened to him, that he had an allergic reaction to something, scary!) I hope he's better... and hope you've been able to recoup as well. Life has a way of making us sigh A LOT, doesn't it? =)
Post a Comment