August 02, 2010

TAKING A BREAK

I have really been thinking long and very hard about this over the past week and I have come to the conclusion that I need to take a break from blogging.

It will probably be a short one but a much needed one. Lately things have just been way to crazy in my life.

First I have a child that always seems to be sick. This is both mentally and emotionally exhausting and I have no clue how to fix it.

Second Luke goes back to school in almost two weeks. We really need to start getting ready for the new school year and organized for all that goes along with school. The amount of work increased a great deal from Kindergarten to First grade and I am expecting another increase as we head into second grade.

Third, my garden is in full crazy mode. I never do learn! I have pulled probably 200 cucumbers from the garden already and they just keep coming. Giving them away right and left, made 12 jars of pickles and lots of cucumber salad but still have way to many. My tomato's are probably in the surplus of 200, they are just all green and will probably all turn red at the same time. I really don't want any of this to go to waist so I will be canning and doing what I can to get the most out of my crazy garden.

Fourth, soccer season is starting. I am really hoping that burning up some of Luke's energy will help with his mood. I sometimes think kids really need to be active and not get board or they start to struggle. These days I think Luke just needs more to do. So bring on the soccer.

Finally, my house. It seems the only way I can get my husband working on it is if I start something and he then jumps in to help because he doesn't like how I do things. This summer was supposed to be the year, the rotten old well was to be removed from the front yard, the rotten old porch ripped off the front, a new door installed in a new location, new porch railing, and siding was to start. Yet, we have not done any of these things. I think it is because of the heat that we have not done a lot of it but I am on a mission and if I have to get out their and rip that old porch off myself, so be it.

Since, I have all of these things on my plate right now I have decided a break is needed. I might struggle with this since often times I blog on my lunch hour at work (doing that now). Who knows my lunch time might bring me around to do some reading but I really am going to try and stop blogging for the next month or so. Just until I feel like my life finds a good place again and I feel like lots more things are getting done these days. So for now, I will really miss all of you but will let you know the minute I am back in full swing.


As a side note about Luke, thank you all for your thoughts on him. I am really trying with him and it is a challenge these days. Home life has not changed, the only real change we had was the new sitter for the summer. He did learn some things from older kids this summer that I did not like but he is a good kid and does know the difference between what is write and wrong. Soccer starts this week, we only have two more weeks at the sitters and school starts so I am really hoping when we get back to a busier routine things will get better. Lets hope anyway!!!

9 Comments Welcome:

Caitlin said...

I understand your need for a break- you sure have a LOT on your plate right now! Go and enjoy your break! WE will be here when you get back!

T Rex Mom said...

We will miss you ton! But totally understand. Thanks for saying something so we don't worry.

I bet once school starts again, you'll be back in a rhythm and things will be good! Hang tight and good luck with the garden, projects, and prep.

Brandi said...

Good luck getting all of your stuff done! I am kinda feeling the same way...I just wrote out my WIP stuff that I need to get sewn up, and it is a LONG list! :) I also have a lot of organizing and painting I need to get done before I can't open up the windows because of the cold! :)

Heather said...

Sounds busy!! I will miss your posts, but you have to do what you need to! We had fun last Spring when Em did soccer--I really enjoyed watching the kids play--I hope you guys have a great time with it--and with all the back to school:)

Maggie said...

I will miss you!!! =(

Good luck in all the things you've got going on. I hope everything works out, and that you enjoy yourself along the way as much as possible.

Don't stay away too long! =)

Unknown said...

I miss you already! But for sure understand needing a break. It sure sounds like you are going to be super busy the next month. I can't believe the summer went so fast!
Have a great month and take care!
(((HUGS)))

Teri said...

I took several breaks throughout the summer. I hope you have a chance to get everything done AND take a break. Take care.

T Rex Mom said...

I just wanted you to know we're missing you and hoping you are having a good break.

(I lost your email address otherwise I would send you an email. But I know you get your comments.)

Anyways, just know we're thinking of you and hope we hear from you again soon! I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures from the past few weeks.

Maggie said...

Missing you!! Hope all is well!!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template