Yesterday my son came home from school and had his first bad experience from other kids not being so nice. Who am I kidding, “not so nice”, these were a couple of brats being mean. Now look who isn't being nice. LOL These are two boys who he has been friends with since they were all two in preschool together.
He tells me they didn’t want to play with him at recess so they kept running away from him. He told me they were being really mean and made him cry.
This just breaks my heart because this is his first experience with this. He hasn’t made any new friends in kindergarten yet and has been holding onto his well known friends. While he is telling me this sad story I am thinking to my self, “I need to be on that play ground so I can straighten these boys out.” Ok my thoughts were a little meaner than that but I am not going to say what I was really thinking. If you can’t tell I have gone into overprotective mom mode.
Now I take this time to teach my son a lesson from this very bad experience he has had. I explain to him that kids can be very mean and he is going to have this happen over and over again in his life. Heck who am I kidding; adults are just as bad sometimes.
Anyway, I go onto explain to him that they were not being nice and this is not how he should ever treat someone. I told him it isn’t nice to be mean to someone and he should remember this moment if he ever chooses to be mean and exclude someone at recess.
He told me he was going to yell at them if they did it again. I told him, he needs to make some new friends and just ignore them when they treat him this way. I let him know that if he just ignores them when they want to be mean this will be easier on him and he won’t end up crying and he can go off and play with some new friends. I did however remind him that if they want to play he needs to be nice and not exclude them as they did to him.
Honestly, I don’t know if this all went over his little head or not but I tried. I just hate hearing about him having a bad day and crying at school.
I know I had a tough time growing up, especially in my teen years because girls are so mean. I just want to shelter my son from all these bad experiences that I know he is going to have.
I want to raise my kids to be nice to others and to not treat people the way they wouldn’t want to be treated. I would like to believe that in the end the nice person will win out every time.
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
►
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
▼
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ▼ 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
September 05, 2008
A life lesson learned from kids being mean...
Labels: kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




6 Comments Welcome:
You know, I have two children. One is 13 and my other turned 8 yesterday. My first child had no problem adjusting in school...even to the bullies. My 8 year old was different. It is so hard to watch a child hurt and question us as a parent for the solution. Have friends over. You are teaching him right. By having children over to play I believe it teaches confidence. It will make him proud and something to talk about on the school playground.
Hang in there. What is funny...right now my house has 3(8) year olds over for his birthday. His first sleepover. Two years ago, I was very worried. I feared not ever being able to come up with more than one to come over.
It will get better. Just be his support.
Poor guy, unfortunately it's going to happen. If it was up to me I'd cocoon mine until they were 30 but that's not exactly helpful either. I hate when their feelings get hurt, but a lot of times an incident that made them cry will iron itself out and the next day they will all be friends again. Hopefully it was something harmless and maybe accidental.
Poor little guy. Kids can be see so cruel. Good advice.
I'm right with ya!
Bullies really chap my hide!
But our "nice boys" will always walk away the winners. Good Job mom!
I hate it when kids are mean to my kids. It just ticks me off. We've actually had to get the school involved with a girl bullying our older daughter. It finally took the school calling the parent for it to stop. At least they took it seriously.
Those are tough moments. It's so hard to see our children hurt, physically or emotionally. Thankfully children can be very resilient and with a solid foundation at home, they'll also learn how to positively influence those negative meanies on the playground.
Post a Comment