This has been a sore spot with me since school started. So please forgive me for bashing here. I loved his preschool up to this point.
Y first issue, when he started kindergarten I would have thought prices would go down when your kid is attending four hours less per day than before. Yes that’s right they raised my rates. He goes less and I pay more. Doesn’t make sense to me! Yes, they drive them on the bus to and from school and gas prices are high but they are not so high they can justify this increase. I have been ticked about this since school started and have been searching for another option.
Finally I have taken action and am taking back my money. So now, I am going to work two half days a week while my son is at school, and three full days. Each grandma will get him from school two other days and that just leaves one day. I am 15 minutes from his school so that one day a week I will drive over at lunch time, pick him up and take him to the babies baby sitter who will charge me $10 for that half day. I think she is under charging me but she won’t take any more because he is only their a couple hours.
Yes I am about to take a pay cut to reduce my work hours but at the same time I will be saving $488 a month. This is savings after I spend a little extra money on gas, pay for latch key in the morning and the other sitter for that one extra day. This is huge!
. Finally, no more expensive weekly child care bills. No more paying for childcare when my child is out sick. No more paying child care when we have a holiday and my child isn’t their. No more paying child care when I take vacation and my child isn’t their. No more, no more, no more…. Stick a fork in me because I am done. LOL
One kid is expensive, two kids is pushing it and well any more than that you might as well sign over your paycheck. Why am I working? Oh yeah, because I feel like keeping the daycare in business. NOT!
What do most of you think of the day care/preschool systems? It’s not all bad but I defiantly feel like the price hurts the most. I know my money isn’t going to the teachers because they don’t make anything.
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
►
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
▼
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ▼ 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
October 07, 2008
My Over Priced Daycare
Labels: kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




5 Comments Welcome:
Ooh, I am just about to write about this! I am with you all the way. Preschool cost is insane, not to mention all the hidden crap in field trips and special parties. I'm leaning towards pulling my daughter out.
Good for you! That's $400 you can save or spend on your children. That's awesome.
Well, we just use an in-home lady and the prices isn't too bad. But give me 3 1/2 more weeks when we pop out htis next kid and start paying for two! Then ask me again! :)
I'm glad you came up with something that suits your family's need. My girlfriend cringes when she discusses daycare and here's the kicker. After she and her husband thought they were finished having children (w/a 9 and 7-yr-old), she's pregnant again... yes, w/a contraceptive inserted and all. Go figure!
Maybe parents need to put their feet in a provider's shoes. As a past daycare provider, the parents always said that I under charged but, they understood about the charging when they took vacations/sick because otherwise I'd be out of business fast. Daycare is the first bill people try to cut and we have to make a living too. Another thing is providers work 50-60 hours a week since they make money by how many kids, not per hour so if you do the numbers, they really don't make much for how much time they put in. I have to just finish by saying, parents trust a person with their most valuable possesion in life, but obviously don't think they're worth what they pay?
Tess I don't disagree with you and I do see your side of it. I do think there is more value in home providers and I do care about them and will always pay more for quality care. I always pay my sitter ahead of time and don't ask for it back if the baby is out a day sick. I don't pay for holidays, and vacation time but I give advanced notice.
It is the centers that have the max number of kids to one teacher and I know they are pushing that rule often. I am paying 6.42 an hour for them to watch my child, the teacher makes minume wage, and watching 12 kids in one class, meals are subsidesed by the government....so where does all that money go???? Sure building operating costs and so on but I think corporate is getting rich off of me.
Post a Comment