
Last Saturday night I stayed up late watching Independence Day on TV. This was one of my favorite movies from the 90’s. I have found that I have many movies from the 90’s that were just fantastic movies and I could watch over and over again.
This got me thinking about all the movies I loved back in the 90’s and my list is huge. I know it is scary when I start thinking but sometimes I can’t help myself. Looking back at the 90’s we had so many great movies in so many different areas.
First we kicked off the 90’s with a great romantic comedy, Pretty Woman. I was in high school when that movie came out and that was just the best movie. Julia Roberts came out with several great movies after that but none as good as Pretty Woman.
We also had great blockbuster movies like Independence Day with Will Smith, Forest Gump with Tom Hanks, The Green Mile, Shaw Shank Redemption and so on.
Then there is Titanic, this will go down in history as my all time favorite love story. I saw that movie three times in the theater. Yes, you can call me crazy! This is the only movie I have ever seen in the theaters more than once. I actually paid three times just to watch that one again and again. Every time it is on TV I watch it because it draws me in and captivates me.
Who can forget the great comedies from Adam Sandler, Chris Farley and David Spade? I could sit and watch Tommy Boy over and over again. And only Adam Sandler could get away with making the stupid funny movies he made like Billy Madison , Happy Gilmore, and The Water Boy, heck the classic line “” is one that I will never forget. These are classic stupid humor movies with great comedians.
What about the scary movies like Scream? I watched all of those because they were just great providing a little bit of scary with some humor and lots of fun.
As for the movies today I can’t say I have a long list of favorites, heck I would be lucky to have a handful of great movies that have come out in the past 8 almost 9 years. I can’t decide if I should blame the movies or if my life has just changed so much with kids that I don’t find the time to really enjoy a good movie. It just seems like when I have watched a movie in the past few years I see it once and could care less if I ever watched it again. Yet all those great movies I listed above I will still watch repeats of when they come on TV. Why is that? Maybe I am holding on to my past life with out kids and those care free day’s when we frequented a movie theater regularly. I am now lucky to see a movie in the theater three times a year and those three usually equate to some form of a kids move we have taken my son to see.
Do you feel the same way I do or do you think the movies today are better than the 90’s?
What are some of your favorite movies from years past?
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
►
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
▼
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ▼ 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
November 03, 2008
The Great Movies of the 90's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




7 Comments Welcome:
I am like you, I love the movies from the 90's. I don't have too many favorites today (of recent movies) probably because now that we have a toddler, I just can't ever find the time to sit and watch any new ones. BUMMER!
My favorite classics are definitely the comedies (80's & 90's)... the ones you mentioned and also one of my all time favorites is Raising Arizona.
I also love National Lampoon's Vacation and European Vacation, The Burbs, Uncle Buck, Planes Trains and Automobiles, & Home Alone.
Heck I have so many favorites, I can't list them all!! I have watched them so much I could quote them. LOL
I loved Shawshank and Pretty Woman too! Ooooh! And Beaches.
I can't think of a movie since 2000 that I absolutely love and could watch over and over again. Hmmm...never thought about that before.
I always have favorites, but I do love the 90's too - maybe because things change so much and I can't keep up so I like to fall back on the "good ol' days." :)
I love Clueless and the first Charlie's Angels (memories of watching those with girlfriends and laughing, that's my excuse).
Fun post, lady!
I think we have run out of goos movie ideas now. The 90s were better!
Thanks for checking out my Blog. It's so nice to meet you. I love older movies too. I just watched "Pretty Woman" again the other day. I also loved Julia Roberts in "Mystic Pizza!"
The 90's did have some great movies. Speaking of Adam Sandler, I did like him in 50 First Dates and Spanglish and the Longest Yard.
I'm with you...movies in the 90's were the best!!! They just had Titanic on repeatedly here the other day and I could not get enough of it! I could watch it over and over and never get sick of it, even though it's 4 hours long! Pretty Woman was good too! Also Steel Magnolias and Beaches (maybe Beaches was late 80's??). Everytime I see those two movies, I still cry as if it were my first time seeing them!
Post a Comment