November 19, 2008

Pampers Promise

Dear Pampers,

I would like to share my thoughts about your over priced diapers and your leak proof promises. I don’t buy your expensive Pampers for wearing during the day time. Instead I buy the cheap ones. I do this because I can monitor that diaper closely and know when to change it to avoid those leaky moments. However I do shell out that extra $5 to buy a package of Pampers with 5 less diapers per package than the generic day time version we wear so we can have better protection at night. I spend more because I want something that will hold up well while my sweet baby sleeps at night. Leak protection is very important so that I can have a good night sleep. You have promised that leak protection.

For some reason here lately my little guy has been waking around 2 AM for food and a change. I don’t want to change him but I know that if I don’t he wont make it till 6. Sure enough last night I thought we would make it and that leak proof diaper you charge me so much for failed me, again. Yes, I said again. At 5:15 this morning my little guy is crying, crying 15 minutes before my alarm clock is set to go off. I try to ignore him but he is very upset. Sure enough he had a right to be so upset. Your leak proof promises have failed and he was soaked all up and down the side of his pj’s. Now you have cost me my last 15 minutes of sleep that I really do need. Now I have to get up and change cloths and bedding so that my baby can go back to sleep in comfort and I get to start my day 15 minutes earlier.

I would like to suggest you go back to the factory and examine your leak proof promise and how well your diapers are holding up. I don’t know about other mom’s but his mom is not impressed.

Thanks!

15 minutes shy of sleep, mom

19 Comments Welcome:

scargosun said...

PLEASE tell me you sent that. They need to hear this stuff.

Anonymous said...

Try Huggies. I used to buy the expensive Pampers too, but they always would leak. I love Huggies, and you don't even have to get the expensive ones in the burgandy box, the red and white box works just fine.

Try to get a nap, some people just don't realize how precious those last 15 minutes are.

Tiffany said...

Those diapers don't live up to their promises!

Melodie said...

I hate Pampers! I love my Huggies! And those Huggies Overnites last a LONG time.

You can also try buying some diaper doublers and see if they work with your generic diapers over night.

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

Oh yeah, I gave up on expensive diapers when my kids were little. Leak proof? Harrumph!

Maybe my kids were just superior pee-ers. ;-)

Maggie said...

Amen, sister!! I can't tell you how many leaks we've had!!!

Peanut said...

I can't believe how much we shell out on diapers... diapers!
My kids tend to start having leaky diapers at night right about when it's time to go up a size (and yes, pay even more per diaper). They often go through a transition period where they wear the larger size just at night... my son especially does most of his peeing at night.
Grrrrr... The only thing that should be stealing sleep time is blogging!!!

Unknown said...

I hope I'm not intruding!  Your message caught my eye b/c I actually work for the diaper division of P&G (Pampers/Luvs)and have two daughters. I'm sorry to hear your little guy is having trouble with leaky diapers -- that is the worst! If you'd like some suggestions to help, you may want to call our Customer Service line.  They offer a wealth of knowledge and I'm sure they would love the opportunity to make it right...Here's their number if you'd like to give them a call. 866-586-5654.  BTW, the pic of you and your son is so adorable! He looks so tiny, makes you want to have another one =)

Tiff said...

I soooooo second this post!!!!!!! you need to print it out and all the comments and send to them!!!! ;)

Tracy P. said...

Poor baby! Both of you! ugh.

Laura Marchant said...

I have only used pampers on my kids. My two year old wore them til she was 25 months and then got potty trained. Once, once, once I used huggies to try to switch she leaked everywhere. I know you probably don't want to hear this but we have never had a leak with pampers cruisers...baby dry yes cruisers no. And they have made almost 12 hours with one diaper (getting ready for bed + sleeping + breakfast). Which pampers are you using?

Unknown said...

You have to send that! I do not buy Pampers! Every time I end up w/ leaks! I buy Luvs for my 1 year old and white cloud for my toddler (may God help me potty train him!).

S Club Mama said...

Oh that's sad, I really like Pampers. But at night I use the Overnight diapers (or Good Nights, I don't know the real name) because my kid pees SO MUCH!

C♥ said...

over here from SITS.

they NEED to hear this stuff. it just HAS to happen.

SEND AWAY MAMA!!!

happy friday :o)

Jenny said...

I used to buy the Huggies Overnights when my daughter was that age. They are expensive, but worth it.

You could also try a diaper doubler.

Carrie said...

I do the exact same thing! But I've found that the Cruisers hold through the night, but the Baby Dry's don't. Wish I would have bought all Cruisers when I stocked up last time. booooooo

Abounader Photography said...

I am so RIGHT THERE with you.. my munchkin's diapers leak and he gets up at 3am.. Try the next size up. we did that and it's helping...

Aunt Julie said...

I agree. The company should know how we view their products. Hey there, SITSta! I've got a Great Giveaway Goin' On over at my place. Please drop by when you get a chance!

Nina said...

I would just love to thank all of you for the great advice. Some of you really gave me some good ideas. I loved Huggies with my first child but they have never worked with this child. I am probably about ready to go up another size even though the weight on the bag says I have another 6 lbs to go. I don't think they size these things right either.

I will also switch the type of papers because on persons comment about the two different types.

I might even contact pampers as one also suggested.

Thanks to all of you!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template