December 23, 2008

The Ringing Heater Duct

In my house we have two cordless phones that we can never find. We have one hook in the kitchen and one in the office but there is never a phone on either hook. This drives me crazy when I am running around the house trying to follow the ring and can’t find the phone. I can’t blame anyone else because I am just as guilty about putting the phone back on the hook.

So the other day the phone is ringing and I can here it down on the floor somewhere in the living room. Thomas is notorious for putting the phones under the sofa or chair. So as it is ringing I am digging around under the sofa and chair and can’t find it. I here it but it is just not their. Well then I here my dad on my answering machine saying, can’t find your phone can you…. I hate that they know I haven’t picked up because the phone is MIA. After my dad finishes leaving his message I go push the phone locater button. I am looking all around the chair because that is where I here the ringing but still can’t find it.

I look up at my husband and say, “I think it is down in the heat duct”. We have this 100 year old farm house and some of the things about this house are really stupid. We have a big bay window in the living room that goes down to the floor so we have a chair in that space. The heat vent sits right in front of this space so it sits out in the room in front of the chair. Side note, this makes a great winter time seat with a blanket on top the vent blowing up in your blanket.

Eric pulls the cover off and sure enough the phone is down in the vent.

Thomas has found something new to play with. We would have never known he had been in it because he put the cover back on. Now about two hours later we walk in the living room and find about 10 toys stuffed down the vent and a toy sword sticking out so we new he had been in their that time. It never ends with this child…..

Oh and now my TV remote has been MIA for about three days. It is not in the heat vent, at least not that heat vent. I have about 6 others I should probably be checking.

6 Comments Welcome:

Maggie said...

ha ha, that's funny!! Yeah, you should probably go search the other ones. Kids are so dang smart - you just never know what they are going to get into next!! Great post!! =) Hope you find the remote soon! LOL

joanofalltrades said...

This is hilarious. Thanks for the bloggy love SITSTA!

Diane said...

Oh dear. This reminds me - had to take my daughter with me to the gyno once (babysitter got sick). I let her play with my keys to try to distract her. So, while I'm nude, all but a paper gown, she slips my keys into the vent. It was horrible. They had to call the maintenence guy for the whole complex to come and take it apart. In between the Dr trying to give me a pap and pelvic exam. I'll never forget that day. lol

The Bumbles said...

Ha ha ha!!! I wish you had shared a photo of the sword sticking out of the vent's new toy collection - that visual was great :0)

Tiffany said...

That's funny. Hope you find your remote.

Tiff said...

Oh my gosh...to funny...my youngest likes to put his toys in my underware drawer....crazy kids...and BTW my phone is always missing..always...and yes everyone knows this to...I get the oh you can't find your phone..call me back..lol...

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template