My youngest son Thomas is 14 months old and he is currently contributing to the water being added to his bathtub. Yes, yes, I am talking about him peeing in the tub.
Our house is supposed to have two bathrooms but currently only has one and it only has a shower (brand new Jacuzzi tub in my in-laws barn waiting to be installed in our bathroom, another story for another day). I have one of those inflatable bathtubs shaped like a duck that I give Thomas baths in. Here lately every time I put him into the bathtub he will not sit down right away and he stands and pee’s all over the side of the duck and in his bath water. YUCK!!! He grins ear to ear and giggles like it is hilarious when he does it. I thought OK I will get smart and I bought a little potty and I sit him on it before putting him in the bath to try and get him to pee in the potty. Nope, he won’t do it so I think ok he doesn’t need to go. Wrong!!!! AS soon as he is in the duck he starts peeing. Again grinning ear to ear and giggling like he is the funniest thing on the planet. I think when his feet hit the water he gets the urge to pee so he does, all over the duck. I told Eric I am getting a bowl out and putting warm water in it and putting his feet in it while he sits on the little potty. Maybe then he will pee in the potty. LOL….
I am a bit worried he enjoys my reaction when he pees all over the duck and it is going to take a lot of effort to break him of this new habit. Have your kids peed in strange places? Was it a hard habit to break?
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
▼
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ▼ 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
►
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
January 20, 2009
A Little Something Extra for The Duck
Labels: kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




13 Comments Welcome:
Oh my goodness I am so laughing right now! Poor little duck :)
My little boy would ALWAYS pee in the tub the minute he felt the water. ALWAYS. So we put him in right as it was filling up so there wasn't much water in the tub when he would pee. Then we'd drain out that water and refill it. He is 3 now and has since outgrown this. Little boys are pretty darn funny. :)
Cute bathtub!! Wekk, since I have a girl it's a little harder to tell when she was peeing! She probably peed in the bathtub and I never knew it. Ewwww!!!
LOL Now that is funny!!! You know, it has to be the warm water... if the putting his feet in water while he's on the potty thing works for you - let me know and I will try it with Jonah!! HAHAHA
Funny! You might have to wait until he's potty trained to get rid of that habit... I don't know though.
I'm not at all grossed out by pee for some reason. Might have something to do with being a nurse :)
Ugh, I hear you! My boys think it's so cool to pee in the tub. what's the dealio? :) I try to relax and play it off, not giving it too much attention while trying to relay the message that it's disgusting...but....I don't think they're getting it! Gross....
That really is sooo funny. What was not so funny was my making a bath for my two (and that involves chopping firewood and heating 100 litres of water the old fashioned way), and then having my youngest do her worst as soon as she jumped in. Yes, I mean number 2s. She did it so regularly that she was banned from the bath for almost a year until she was firmly on the one-a-day-in-the-morning programme!
LOL He's marking his territory! :)
My 21 month old pees stealthily, then announces, "I pee Daddy!"
I'm not thrilled about it, but it's better than the OTHER deposits he makes. About once a month.
Joy.
This is so cute and funny. Except to him in a few years! LOL :o)
Hello!
Great blog. Cute post. Can totally relate! Yes, my oldest who is now five years old peed on my shoe once when he was a few months old. I was talking to a friend in the dining room after his bath. He was wrapped in a towel with no diaper. :)
Too funny! I don't think my little girl has peed in the tub....but can you really tell? Hmmmmm. Cute post!
http://afrugalfriend.blogspot.com
"A day in the life of" for me!
(Mom of four boys!)
(Stopped by from BPOTW!)
Post a Comment