February 20, 2009

Changing His Last Name

Aloha Friday # 20


We are late every where we go. I blame my husband for most of this because he just waits until the last possible minute to get ready and then we are late. It drives me crazy! So we are getting ready to go somewhere and Luke is so anxious to go but like always we are going to be late. We tell him before we leave you are a (our last name) and (our last name) are always late. Eric’s parents are the same way so I truly believe that if you have our last name you are destined to be late.

Anyway we are in the car and on our way and Luke asks, “what are some common last names?”
Me…. “Smith, Foster, etc… why do you ask?”
Luke….“Foster is a good name, I am changing my name to Foster, Fosters are not late like us.” “So from now on I am a Foster and I am not going to be late.”

Eric and I bust out laughing…. It was so funny that he thinks if his name is different he will be on time.

Since then he reminds us when it is time to go somewhere that he is a Foster and Fosters are not late. Then in the car Eric reminds him that he is with (our last name)’s so he is going to be late anyway.

I would like to also note that he is only a Foster when he wants to be somewhere on time. Every morning when it is time to leave for school and work he is truly on of us…. LOL

My question this week…..

Are you like us and always late, on time or early?

Play along at An Island Life for Aloha Friday. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

23 Comments Welcome:

Anonymous said...

I, myself, am usually early or on time. But my husband is usually late and when I'm with him, we are usually on time, because I get after him about it! *L*

Diane said...

i'm always early! lol

Dreams and Designs said...

Oh this is so funny! Funny how their brains work!

I hate being late. Maybe 10% of the time we are though- thanks to getting two kids ready to go!

PS- I like this song playing- it reminds me of that time recently where the black crayon made it into the dryer!

Jenn@ The Crazies said...

I am stopping over from Aloha Friday! If we are traveling as a family we are running late... if I am alone I am usually early or atleast on time! Thanks for a great question!Stop over my place anytime!

Hanging Off The Wire said...

On time or early. Always always.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty diligent about being on time, but with 2 kids we are sometimes a few minutes late.

Jennifer said...

I am usually TOO early. I am scared I'm going to be late, so I leave earlier than I need to only to show up somewhere too early.

Tara said...

If it were up to me lol we would always be on time.. or a little early...but.. my husband whom I LOVE lol well let's just say we are always LATE to everything!!!!! Even Drs appointments lol

Margo said...

was early for years, now have been late for 16 plus years, ever since having first child

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

We are usually early to things, although thanks to the kids more likely on time these days. My mother was very upset about being late. Thanks to her I caught the bug and always leave a lot of time to get to places.

Anonymous said...

I was brought up to believe that if you're right on time, then you're late. I'm always early! :-)

Hawaii Mom Blog said...

We're actually usually early. I don't like being late.

Heather said...

This is an excellent question. Our household ... ahh. Well, let me first say that if I'm travelling alone, I'm early. If it's just me and the tot, then we're right on time. But, if hubby is tagging along .... oh man, we're ALWAYS late. I swear that man puts of putting ready until the tot and I are already fixed up and walking out the door. Then he tries to leave without fixing his hair. So I have to send him back.
Sometimes I get confused and think I have 2 kids. :-)

Anonymous said...

For years I was late for everything except Church, which I was always early. Now I'm either on time or early for everything!

Anonymous said...

That is just too funny!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

It really depends, as a family, we're either on time or late. By myself - if I'm meeting clients, I'm early; appointments - sometimes on time, mostly late. When I was employed, I was usually 5 minutes late every morning, no matter what time I left my house.

Heatherlyn said...

Your post was so sweet! I love the logic.

We are sometimes early, sometimes on time, and some times late. If church is early in the morning we are almost always late. This is something we would like to change (but now our church meets in the afternoon, so we are early or on time). I LIKE being a little bit early!! I wish it were as simple as a name change!

Shauna said...

I'm new here! What a great blog :)

Jenni said...

Generally, we are late. And generally, it is my fault. :X

Heart of Rachel said...

I'm more often early or on time. I usually have a good excuse when I'm late.

Unknown said...

Too funny! Put me in the late group, in fact one of my goals for this week is to be on time to work at least 3 times!

Cupcake Dessert said...

I am habitually late for everything!! except work.. i am like 15 minutes early for work everyday... I guess I am like Luke only a "Foster" sometimes haha...

Tena said...

I tend to be early!!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template