February 10, 2009

The things they say!!

Luke (my 6 year old) has some of the funniest expressions that he says. The other day he wanted a snack and his dad told him he had to wait until after dinner… the response from Luke, “Oh Tarter Sauce” , I guess this is better than some foul word but where did he come up with Tarter sauce? Another great one is “Barnacles”. He says Barnacles all the time. The first time he said it I had no clue where it came from. Then I heard Sponge Bob say it one day and said ahh… that is where that comes from. LOL….

Thomas (my 15 month old) is adding new words to his vocabulary everyday. Right now he loves to walk around and say “hi” to everyone. He will say hi to you 50 times in a row. The big grin when you say high back to him is priceless. Church on Sunday was funny because there is a little girl that is almost a year old that sits two rows behind us. All morning she and Thomas were saying hi back and forth to each other. If you can just picture two toddlers leaning back and forth between the chairs, it was so cute but so loud. It is a good thing I go to a little church and all the people around me just eat this stuff up.
Another one that Thomas needs to work on is want or as he says it wwwwant. If you are in the kitchen he points at the cabinets and says wwwant. This is his way of asking for something… I am working on getting him to say please. I can’t have him running around being demanding and saying want all the time.

7 Comments Welcome:

Kristi said...

So cute. I posted a funny kid-ism today too.

Heatherlyn said...

Tartar sauce comes from Sponge Bob too, as well as Fish Paste. I know, they are the best "swear" words to come along in a very very long time. Gotta love Sponge Bob!

Your little guy saying hi during church sounds adorable. No wonder all the other patrons are loving it!

Outnumbered2to1 said...

My 10 year-old still says Tarter Sauce. I agree, though, much better than the words that I let slip out from time to time.

Unknown said...

Too funny! We are so in Barnacle land here too. My 2 1/2 year old says it probably 50 times a day now!

Peanut said...

I love the stuff that comes out of kids mouths.... too cute. I should start saying "tartar sauce"... one of these days, KK is going to pick up on some of the words I let slip out!

Tiff said...

That is so cute...my 3 year old says Oh pickles..LOL...I wish my 21 month old would talk..but he has not chosen to say very much yet...last child syndrome.. :)

Maggie said...

LOL Patrick on Spongebob says 'Oh Tarter Sauce' So funny that Luke says that... We like 'Bob-bob' as my littlest says. =) It never gets old... we watch it all the time. The makers of that cartoon must be pretty well off at this point - it's been popular for years now.

Jonah yells at his big brother (demands more like it)... "JOSH - CHOC MILK!!!" And the tone is just perfect for someone who is saying, "Get me some chocolate milk NOW!!!!" UGH. =)

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template