I am doing a horrible job at getting into the whole exercising thing. I come up with every possible reason not to do it. Last week I promised I would do three things and I did one of my three things. I played the Wii sports and Wii fit several times during the week. I have to say if you have ever boxed on one of these… it is a heck of a work out. My arms and shoulders are still hurting and I was sweating up a storm. As for the other two… I failed. Yesterday I put on my work out cloths while the baby was asleep and was all set to work out. Luke was watching Sponge Bob and wouldn’t let me have the TV. I told him I was working out when it was over. I leave the room and come back and he and his dad are playing the Wii. Seriously they are not helping me. My husband promises to let me work out later and he will keep the baby off of me. It never happened….
So I feel like I really failed this week at my workouts. But I had it in my mind all week that I was being watched and needed to do this. So with that said I am not giving up and will try again this week.
Remember when I said I don’t belong to a gym anymore and need to be creative? Well I cleaned out a cabinet full of DVD’s and VHS tapes and found that I have a little problem… its called exercise videos. I own probably a hundred of them…. LOL. This is just another reason why I have no reason to make excuses.
So this week I am taking the Wii out of the equation (will probably do it but not including it here) and I am going to do one of my cardio video’s two days this week and a Pilate’s video at least two days this week. I am also going to run up and down my stairs 10 times every day this week. Trust me this is much harder than you think.
Now if you want to join me in my challenge please do… if not just Wish Me Luck and give me crap when I make excuses to for not getting something done. So if you are joining in choose some form of physical activity to do and set a goal for this week. Let me know you are playing and I will be around to give you my support.
What type of things do you like to do for a good workout?
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
▼
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ▼ 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
►
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
February 09, 2009
Motivate Me Monday
Labels: Motivate Me Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




6 Comments Welcome:
I agree that exercizing can be so hard to be motivated to do. Especially when you don't look out of shape. I think you did well to do the wii. That's SOMETHING. Keep being hard on yourself, it will help you acheive your goals. But I think you are doing well because at least you are starting! A little is better than nothing!
I tell myself everyday I am going to get on my treadmill and it never happens. By the end of the dya I am so exhausted that is the last thing I want to do. And I wouldn't dream of getting up early to exercise.
you got my support!
my legs hurt just thinking about the steps!
maybe you could bribe yourself... plan a treat for yourself if you've done good all week. (you'd prob deserve it anyway!)
Why don't you try to integrate exercising into the stuff you have to do every day anyway. Why not walk or cycle instead of taking the car (baby back packs are great for this)? Running upstairs is good. Take the stairs and not the elevator.. etc. etc. In my experience this kind of exercise works better than any workout video or gymn sub. Just a thought.
oh i want my wii fit..still cannot find one around here...i will have to wait... :(
I just found Motivate Me Monday and will be joining starting tomorrow! What a great idea it is, I'm going to write a post about it on my fitness blog Drop The Weight Before The Weight Drops You so my readers who haven't seen this yet will have a chance to join too!
Love this idea!!!!
Post a Comment