March 19, 2009

Going Back In Time

ALOHA FRIDAY # 24

As I listened to the radio I am listing to this great song and how it tells us “Your gona miss this and your gona want these days back”. I think back to how many times I remember wishing I was older or that I could do this or that and then my mom or dad would say those words. Telling me I don’t want to grow up to fast. Looking back now I totally agree and I find myself telling my son that he doesn’t want to grow up to fast as he is at the age where he is always saying when I get older….

My question this week…..

If you could go back in time and live through any part of your life again, where would you go and how old would you be?



If I could go back I would back myself up to about 9 years old. It would be summer time and I would be outside playing baseball with the neighborhood kids. We had a church parking lot on our block with an ally down the middle and we played baseball and raced our bikes down the ally, all summer long for years. It was mostly boys I played with but I had some of the best times of my life looking back at those summers. I can only hope my kids end up with summer time memories of their childhood that were as good as mine.

Play along at An Island Life for Aloha Friday. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

19 Comments Welcome:

Jennifer said...

Ohhhh, what a good post. I really teared up reading the first part. (I'm a wuss)

I'd want to be 16 again. And if Icould talk to myself, I'd tell myself 'enjoy the ride & slow down a bit.'

:)

Anonymous said...

I would go back to the ages birth to 12 years old. A lot of happy moments. Some I don't remember, but the pictures say everything. Life just seem so easy.

annies home said...

hard to say if I would go back to delta dawn when I was a kid or sarah when I was a teen or wide open spaces when my kids were younger I can tell you that music has always been part of our life

Sarah said...

College... it was too much fun the last time around...not that I would change the fun parts...I just would have taken the school side so much more serious. I can't say that I remember much from my undergrad classes.

Jenn@ The Crazies said...

I would go back to when I was about 30 and my kids were little and I would have left their father earlier than I did because he was such a jerk. I would want to try and get back some of those years to do things better!

Dee said...

I had a blast when I was about 14-17ish..I would go back to that! AND I would spend more time with my grandad and get him to a doctor sooner before the cancer was too far gone!

Anonymous said...

I'd go to the year before I married my husband, 2003 I was 26. We had a blast.

Alicia said...

Yeah I think I would start over around 14 or 15. I think I agree with Jenn(ifer)and just slow down. Pay more attention in school and focus on that instead of growing up and being cool!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I would go back to when I first got married. We should have bought a house back them and not waited as long as we did.

Heatherlyn said...

Go back without changing anything? Because if I could change it, I'd go back to when I was 18 and started college and have so much more fun and NOT marry my 1st husband. I'd have taken the ski class for PE, and done a semester in Hawaii.

But if I had to relive it without making any changes, I'd go back to the first few years of my marriage to Jeremy when my kids were babies and relive their baby days. It is such a wonderful time that passes too quickly.

Jaime said...

i'd want to go back to college. knowing how things ultimately turned out, i wonder how much i'd change the second time around

sues2u2 said...

I would be 32 & having my second baby instead of waiting another 3 years. Then I'd have a couple of more!

Cupcake Dessert said...

i love this idea!! i would love to go back to around the summer before my senior year.. i had a (old, ratty, wonderful) car and a job so i had no own money... i had easy classes that year coming up because i had busted my butt already with the hard classes.. i had wonderful friends at home, school and church.. my besties being my church friends and we would go and do something church related every weekend.. it was awesome!! that was also the last summer that i went to church camp.. and i had such a blast!!!

gg said...

I love that song too. sniff, sniff

I would go back to any normal day when my daughter was about 6 months old. Back then everything was so exciting and she was such a happy baby. No attitude, no demands, just smiles and laughs. I love her more than anything now of course, but revisiting a happy baby day would be nice for a day.

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

I would go back to being 5 again. I loved the freedom of just being a kid.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I would go back to my late teens or early twenties and just enjoy the time. And, not be in such a hurry to grow up.

Anonymous said...

It's funny because I was just thinking about this! I would go back from the start of my pregnancy with baby #1 and go from that point to now. I would love to be able to enjoy it all over again.

Jennifer said...

My early 20s, I wold spend even more time then I already did with my children. They grew too fast.

Heart of Rachel said...

I would love to go back to my college years and relive those happy moments.

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template