In my life I have had so many people that I though were my friends really cause me pain and push me right out of their lives. It is one of those things you often wonder what I did wrong, why do they not want to be a part of my life anymore. Often it was one of those things where they just stop communicating with you and it hurt. No reason, no explanation, they just shut me out. I would try and try to reach out and nothing. I finally hit a point in my life where really my only friends were my husband and my mom. It was really lonely not having a girlfriend but I just put up a wall because I had been hurt so many times and decided that I wasn’t going to be hurt anymore.
Then about 7 years ago I worked with this gal who befriended me. It wasn’t an instant friendship but it built up over time and we became so close. Today I call her my best friend and I couldn’t imagine not having her in my life. I trust her with everything. With that said here are 5 reasons why I love having her in my life and these are the reasons she is and will always be my best friend.

1. She loves my kids.
She loves kids and she treats mine like they were her own. She calls herself their Aunt and that is exactly what she is to my kids. She spoils them more than any of their real aunts ever would. She spoils them with gifts (that are not necessary), goes to soccer games, birthday parties and everything else that I ask her to attend. At one point Luke called her the present lady because every time we saw her she had a gift for him. Now he just gets excited to here he is going to see her. She plays with them and loves them as much as I do.
2. We are so much alike
We love the same things from talking about the kids, work, and family. We watch the same TV shows and end up texting each other in the evenings when we get excited over something we both know the other is watching.
3. Things we do
We live about 30 minutes from each other and work really far from each other. Since we live far apart we don’t get to do much together too often but when we do we have a really great time. We have gone to concerts together. A couple times each year we get manicures and pedicures together and that is always a fun time. We gab away the entire time and it goes so fast. We have gone on girl trips together. I remember our last trip it was just her and me in my car and our 6 hour drive to Tennessee felt like 5 minutes because we gabbed the time away. Can you tell we are gabby… lol
4. Sharing everything
I share all my thoughts and feelings with her. I can't think of anyone who knows me as well as she does.
5. We inspire each other.
She loves to shop; hand bags and shoes are her weakness. I am very frugal and debate over buying anything and often walk away with nothing. When we shop together she encourages me to splurge on myself and I help her behave and not go over board. LOL… It is funny to see us. She telling me “just buy it, when do you ever do anything for just you….” Then there is me “do you really need that? How many of those do you already have?” It is pretty funny!!! Now if she could just help me with my buyer’s remorse. We just bought new hand bags at a party and I am having major buyer remorse because I have never spent that much money on a purse.
I just hope nothing ever changes between us and someday we are 90 and still getting together to gab it up. LOL…. 
The photo is of me and her from one of our girl trips. We went to Tennesse in 2005.
What's five things do you love? Write a blog post and click on the Five Things Thursday image to join the fun.





5 Comments Welcome:
Relationships with family have their place, but there is nothing like a good girlfriend! My friend Harmony is close like this to me, although we live across the country from each other and haven't seen each other in over 4 years! We keep in touch over facebook almost daily.
I love this post. It is so nice that you have a best friend who is so near to you. As Peanut commented, her and I don't get to see each other but still having someone to talk to, confide in and cry and laugh with is special. I wish we lived closer like you and your friend!
Wow!! We have really similar situations. I have been hurt & betrayed by so many that I once called friends. Then I grew up and realized they were never really goodf riends to begin with. I gave my all and they took but never gave anything. I was lonely for awhile too and found a REALLY good friend that has renewed my faith in frienships.
Your blog was so touching! It sounds like you & your BFF balance each other out well.
:) Great post.
What a lovely post! Good girl friends are a TREASURE!!!!!!!
this is a great post!! i am so happy to hear that you have someone so wonderful in your life!!! i have a friend like this and i love her (and her kids) like family!!
Post a Comment