Today I am pulling out my complaining hat. I don’t like to complain often because it isn’t worth the time and I know I should just forget it and move on but after this morning… I need to complain.
In the morning I drop my oldest off at the latch-key program at his elementary school. There are two lanes that lead to the parking lot in the back where the teachers park, one in and one out. Along the side of the driving paths there are three parking spaces along side the school. This is where parents park when they drop their kids off. Parents with young kids typically walk them in and parents with older kids typically just drop them off. My complaint is about the parents that drop their kids off. The three spaces are lined up like you are parallel parking and they are dipped back along the side walk, then at the end it dips back out into the two lanes. The parents who typically drop their kids off pull up to the end of the side walk, still in the driving lanes to drop their kids off instead of pulling into a parking space. This drives me nuts!! I might not get so mad if there are no open parking spaces or the kids are quick getting out of the cars. I don’t know about your kids but it takes for ever getting mine out of the car between backpacks, hats, gloves, school stuff, etc… it is never a quick in and out. I have also noticed it is the same way with these parents and their kids.
Case in point this morning, I am back in my car ready to pull out of my parking space and a parent pulls up to the end to drop off their child. Not only does she not pull into one of the two empty spots behind me but she doesn’t even get close to the curb but straddles the two driving lanes. Typically kid taking forever getting out of the car and I have to sit and wait. In my frustration, I put my car in reverse and back up and do a U-turn right from my parking spot instead of following the path to turn around like I should. I swear I deal with one of these parents every morning and it drives me nuts. Please, please tell my you are not one of these parents??? Do you deal with things like this when you take your kids places or pick them up?
I guess I just don’t understand the disrespect people have for others. It seems like this world is all about me,me,me and everyone else can take a leap. It seems like people should just take an extra second or two and do what is right and not necessarily what is more convenient for them. I can now step off of my soap box for today.
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
▼
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ▼ 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
►
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
March 03, 2009
Please Use The Parking Spots
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




4 Comments Welcome:
My kids also take quite a while to get out of the car. In fact, once we are in the parking lot I am telling them to unbuckle and stand up and get ready to get out.
But at our school we CAN'T block traffic. There are about 5 traffic guards who at any given time will come over to your car and tell you that you are doing it wrong, if you are. They direct all the traffic. They would be over to that lady's car in your parking lot, telling her to pull up to one of the drop-off parking spaces, before you could blink.
But seeing as there is never enough room for pick up and drop off at a school, it is never a quick deal.
This would tick me off too!!! I can't stand it when people do things like this it really irritates me! Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
O.M.G. I SOOO feel your pain. My sitter lives right next door to the school and I want to scream trying to drive by there in the morning. I just have to sit in this sit still traffic and wait. I have a blog coming about this for sure!
Yet another reason why I'm not eager to enter into the school years... but it doesn't matter what the context, it seems there is always someone who has no clue that there is a world going on around them and that they are holding everyone else up. Clueless people drive me crazy. People who just don't care drive me even more crazy!
Post a Comment