March 02, 2009

Motivate Me Monday

This week wasn’t a very good one for me. I worked out one time and that was it. I really wasn’t motivated and the day I did work out I did my legs and back. I did an hour of legs and back. I probably did a combination of 300 plus different types of squats and lungs. I hurt a lot for about three days and just couldn’t push myself to do anything else. I also spent a lot of time organizing and cleaning house this week so that got into my way. Yeah, I know it is just another excuse… LOL.
I did not do my Pilates like I wanted to. I know this is effective and why I don’t want to do it makes no sense to me.

I really want to kick it up a notch this week. My clothes are getting tighter and my eating habits are so bad right now. I need to really break myself of the bad eating habits. I bought a big bag of those Cadbury chocolate covered eggs and for two days I have eaten way to many of them. So last night I went to the grocery stocked up on healthy stuff and I have so much set in my mind to start doing.

First this weeks exercise goals:
1. More Pilates… I want that v-sit to be a little easier by the end of this week. (This was last weeks, but I am not taking it off)
2. I am going to do at least 20 minutes of abs every other day this week. I am sick of looking down at my baby belly. I am just over it.
3. I am also going to do 20 minute work outs each day. I keep think big work outs that take an hour or more and a little each day can also be a good thing.
4. I am also going to dig out my balance ball and try to use it a little more.

a. I will use it for ab routines.
b. I will also use it for chest exercises. It is a more difficult type of bench to work out on.

Food goals:
1. More water… I did better this week but I could still do more.
2. No more buying chocolate. Think healthy snacks.

I have a tip for today. A great book I read about Fiber called The Fiber 35 Diet by Brenda Watson, it is full of wonderful advice on how to get enough fiber into your daily diet and what all the benefits are from that fiber. Great book!! Have any of you read a great book that has inspired you either to exercise or eat differently?

AS ALWAYS PLEASE WISH ME LUCK!! ALSO PLEASE GO VISIT VICKI AND WISH HER LUCK ALSO. SHE IS THE ONLY ONE PLAYING ALONG WITH ME AND I AM THANKFUL TO KNOW WE HAVE EACH OTHERS SUPPORT.


5 Comments Welcome:

Heatherlyn said...

I find your motivate me monday posts to be motivational. I think all week long that you are trying to do these goals and then it makes me want to set some for myself. I think I'll get there eventually!

The chocolate. I actually lose weight if I have chocolate candy stuff around because I only eat that. Not healthy at all, but surprisingly if I snack on it and don't eat reall food it doesn't provide enough calories, or something. I'm all for having healthy snacks around.

And more water! That's one of my goals. Lots more water!

If you figure out whey you resist doing something that you KNOW works and that you KNOW is good for you, like the pilates, let me know. I sometimes resist things that I know are good and that work. It makes no sense to me either.

Sarah said...

If you are looking for good 20 minutes workouts, I just got the 30 Day Shred, which has 3 20 minute workouts on it. THey are really good and gives you a good all around workout. Hard as you make it. It is a popular DVD so they might even have it at your library if they have videos. I try to do more than one a day to get in an hour...but because they are broken up, I can do them whenever I can fit them in.

Diane said...

drinking more water is soooo hard for me! i'm a caffeine junkie!

hope this week's better for you! good luck!

Peanut said...

I am so impressed with what you DO get done! My exercise routine has been limited to "dance parties" lately... although we're starting to add in walks no that we have a wagon and the weather is occasionally nice.
Good luck this week!

Tiff said...

Holy cow girl..that made me tired just reading that....you are working out like a mad women....you will start seeing results soon..don't give up :)

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template