Vacation is over and it ended in a whirlwind holiday weekend. I love family get together but they can also be tiresome especially when everything requires a decent amount of travel time.
Saturday we went to my parents house for Easter. They had a family lunch and then a bon-fire cook out at dinner time. Unfortunately we did not get to stay all day for the bon-fire because I had way to many things to finish doing for Easter Sunday. The kids had a lot of fun hunting eggs and then playing together for the afternoon.
We left my parents and went to my in-laws to pick up the new bike we had bought for Luke. He is 6 and it is time for him to learn to ride a bike. We don't have any place for him to really ride a bike so we are going to have to take him out riding. We had Luke go off with Grandma while we put the bike in the back of my SUV and cover it with a blanket. Not the best move on our part. That boy wasn't in the car 2 minutes and we get in and he says "Who's Hot Wheel bike is that?". Arr.... OK, I laughed but still it ruined the surprise.
Saturday night I put some plastic eggs out with candy and quarters in them. Only a few with candy because I have bad dogs and they would be eating candy while we all are sleeping. Morning comes and Luke is up at 7. He is running around shaking eggs and will only take the ones with money. If it didn't have money he left it for his brother. That kid is all about the money these days. Then it was off to Church and for once we actually got their early. We are never on time let alone early. Church is over and we have another egg hunt. Then we drive home pick up Eric and we drive an hour to his families Easter where the kids do yet another egg hunt. Can I just say the candy is worse than Halloween. I am trying to get into better shape and the candy is not helping. Arr....What will happen is 50% of it will go in the trash after about a week. Everyone will pick out what they like and then the left over stuff I toss because no one will eat it.
Getting up this morning for work was rough so I forgot my camera card. I have lots of great pictures and I will post them tomorrow as I will be home taking yet another vacation day. My sitter is still on vacation and wont return until Thursday. Talk about making life difficult. I hate paying Daycare rates yet they never go on vacations like a home sitter does.
Did anyone else travel for Easter? Do you have way more candy than you or the kids will ever need?
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
▼
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ▼ 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
►
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
April 13, 2009
Easter Weekend
Labels: holidays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




11 Comments Welcome:
We did our egg hunt outside too and a lot of the candy in the eggs melted, making it easy to throw a whole lot of it away. I put a lot of chocolate candy in the eggs and Noah was more disappointed that there weren't more jelly beans. I'll remember next year.
We have SO much left over candy. And I am still exhausted from Easter. I think it was busier than Christmas!
Sounds like a nice time!
I left an award for you on T Rex Mom and Dad Tales - you'll have to check it out!
Wait.. you throw away candy??!! I didn't know that someone COULD throw away candy- I thought that it had to be eaten.
Odd.
Sorry that the bike surprise was ruined- what a smart (and nosy!:)) little boy!
Sounds like a great time! We bought a bike too! I am exhausted today too! I stand by my theory you need a vacation from vacations!
We did, we left on Thursday evening and came home yesterday so I know exactly what you mean about being tired I am right there with ya!! Glad you all had a great trip and wonderful Easter with your family. Can't wait to see pictures!
We didn't go anywhere but we kept pretty busy. I still have to post about our Easter! I really tried to limit the candy intake but still the kids have more than they need! Crazy. Too much sugar!
Oh, and I should probably say something about your Easter! I am so scatterbrained! I think your son must be very smart to realize the difference in the eggs and then only pick up the money ones. That child will have a bright--or maybe hopefully at least financially secure future if he pays attention to money so early on! You had a lot of egg hunts! But the kids really do love searching for and picking up the eggs. I have to admit, it looks like fun!
Wow, all that does sound exhausting, but fun too! We had a quite Easter at home as my husband works in retail so was gone all day. And yes, we have alot of candy left over!
Busy weekend!!! The Easter Bunny is making it hard for all of us this week by leaving too much candy!!! It's hard to choose an apple over a reese cup!!!
Wow, that was a busy weekend! I love the bike story :)
We didn't do much. P-L worked the first half of the weekend and I worked the second half. He did take the kids out to see his family for dinner Easter Monday though.
Post a Comment