April 07, 2009

Never Finished....

So last week I shared my stairway both old and new after we were done. Now I would like to point out that while we have done many great things to our house in the last 7 years we still have so much that is not finished. My husband is a DIYer and he is also the never finisher. We have one room that is 100% done (the boys bedroom) and the rest have a little or maybe a lot that needs to be done. Here are a few samples of the types of things that need to be finished.


Example 1: Trim... trim... shouldn't we have trim???? Yes, we have no trim in some rooms and partially done trim in other rooms.
Example 2: We put a new roof on our house in 2007 or was it 2008 or wait 2009. We started roofing August 2007 and I took this picture yesterday. This is over the garage, the last of the roofing and only a couple hours of work to be finished. 2010 anyone????
Example 3: The downstairs laundry/bathroom. It has half of a wall on one of the walls. Yes it was removed because of busted pipes but never put back in and finished. So one side of the bathroom all new, just don't turn around and look at the laundry side of things. Sigh....
Example 4: This is extreme.... this is my upstairs bathroom. Needs walls, flooring, new windows, pretty much everything. This was going to be this winters job. Winter is over... enough said. Oh and don't worry this room is closed off and their is no wiring that is live to this room. I wouldn't have it any other way. Will someone come fix this place up for me??? The funny thing, my husband has dreams of someday building a house. But wait for it... he wont pay for everything to be done because he can do it. Ha... I am not going for that!!!

Go visit Angie at 7 Clown Circus for more great Wordfull Wednesday post.

9 Comments Welcome:

Cupcake Dessert said...

i think we all have a little of that going on at our house lol... but that bathroom is extreme.. hopefully soon it will all get caught up!!!

Dee said...

GOOD LUCK! We built this house 3 years ago, but we have lots of yard work to do and we have YET to do molding.....one day.......

Susie said...

That looks like my house. We did our bathrooms last year and my windows still have no trim on them:-(

Anonymous said...

Just think what it will look like when it is finished!!! good luck to ya!

T Rex Mom said...

At least it gives something to look forward to. You can always tell him he can build a house once he finishes this one!

Heatherlyn said...

You have a good sense of humor about it (or maybe resignation :)). I would not have the hubby build a house ... unless you could live in the completely finished house while he takes as long as he wants to finish the new one. It is pretty amazing though what you two have been able to accomplish. It's a LOT of work restoring a home and you guys have actually been doing it!

Caitlin said...

Oh man! That would drive me CRAZY! I will no longer complain about my husband not doing the "little things" like leaving tools on my kitchen counters for weeks...

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't have to wait for too long to get it all done!

Peanut said...

It must be frustrating to never feel like your house is done! My husband wanted a fixer-upper when we first started looking for a home. I knew he'd never get around to doing stuff, so I talked him out if that!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template