I would first like to start off by saying I am on vacation this week. It is a stay-cation as they call them. Thomas babysitter is on a real vacation this week and Luke went back to school so this morning Thomas and I are hanging around the house. I have a million things I want to do this week and probably wont get half of them done.
First task this morning, take Thomas to the doctor. Not the best start to my week off I must say. Poor Thomas has been very congested, snotty and his eyes are so watery they are matting constantly. Yesterday in the midst of tornado warnings and the sirens going off, he throws up. He cried hard for about two hours. I thought maybe we had a stomach bug but today I am thinking it was lots of snot in his tummy, mixed with milk and it didn't agree with him.
Went to the doctor and we have an ear infection (again). The eyes are part of the discharge. He just has so much it is coming out his eyes and nose. Poor thing!!! A couple days of antibiotics and we should be good as new.
Here is glimpse of what I want to achieve this week.
- Pictures: I have two years of pictures that need printed and put into photo albums. I am so behind.
- Spring cleaning: closets, cabinets, you name it, I am cleaning it out this week. The trash people will not like me this week.
- Laundry: I was caught up and now I am behind again. I have two baskets of socks that need matched up. I hate socks!!! Their has got to be an easier way to manage socks.
- Working out: This is an every day must this week.
- Potty training Thomas: OK, I am not doing this until he feels better. My method of potty training is putting away the diapers and going with the underwear. Yeah we have lots of accidents but it worked with child number one. Plus I have hard wood floors so messes are easily cleaned up. I set a timer and every hour we go potty. This child is a little more stubborn so this might not go well. I don't want to make this a bad thing so he has to feel better before we tackle this one.
- I had outdoor activities for my vacation however it is snowing outside. That kills any out door projects this week. Last I checked it is Spring for crying out load. That's OK because I have plenty to do today and I am keeping everything to one project a day (with a few exceptions).
So that is a look at my week. Not exactly the ideal vacation but I love time off like this to get many things done.





6 Comments Welcome:
I hope your little one feels better soon. We've never had an ear infection - rather several sinus infections. It's never fun when they're sick.
Enjoy you "vacation" - at least it sounds like you might get some things done around the house! I wish I could be there to help - I love organizing and cleaning - although, snow in April is NOT for me.
Take care and good luck!
SNOW? You're kidding!!!
I hope Thomas is better soon...poor baby!
Hey there :) I left you a little something on my blog today - check you out.
I gave up on socks. I haven't bought a new package of socks in over a year. And we still seem to have enough. They are in a big basket. It's a dissaster. And I just can't make myself care because no matter what I do the socks are a BIG dissaster. Why? Because even though I put them in the wash at the same time they never seem to come out of the dryer at the same time. And it is hard to match them up. So what do you do with the non-matches, when the matches will eventually catch up to them? If you find a good system, let me know!!!
When a couple of my kids get congested it comes out their eyes. It's so sad and yucky. I hope your little guy feels better soon!
Good luck with your week. It sounds like you will be very very busy!
Don't forget to fit in a little rest time for yourself. It's not easy taking care of a sick little guy.
But you know, if you get everything on your list done, and still have some energy... you're welcome to come to my house and get me caught up!
Oh i hope he feels much better soon so that you can get that great list done.
Post a Comment