I have been MIA the last several days. Didn’t do anything special over the holiday weekend we were just really busy and we had lots of family time. Before our holiday weekend began my son (Luke) decided to play with this…. 
Yes, that is my tomato slicer and yes it has a very sharp blade on it.
He decided to run his finger down it and sliced right through the middle of his thumb nail and into the finger underneath. There was a lot of screaming, and a lot of blood going every where.
Then there is my poor husband who passes out from his own blood if he has any type of serious cut with heavy bleeding. He has never had issue with anyone else’s blood until today. He comes in to help me clean up the cut and as he is helping he is getting light headed and feels like passing out. At that point I just kicked him out because one injured person is enough to deal with I don’t need a second one.
Poor Eric didn’t know if his feeling faint was because this was his son who was hurt or not.
We took Luke to the doctors because luckily we have this amazing pediatrician’s office that open almost all the time and when they are not open there is always a doctor on call. This happened around 7 PM and they had walk in hours at this time similar to an urgent care so we took him not sure if he would need a tetanus shot or stitches. By the time we got there the bleeding finally settled down. No stitches and no shot required either. YEAH!!
This was a picture of the nail and finger two days after the cut occurred. (Sorry if this is a little gross) I know when I break my finger nail to short it hurts so bad. This I couldn’t imagine.
The first day after it happened he socked through double band-aids 4-times that day. It is healing and the nail is still barely holding on. Saturday he goes back to the doctor where the doctor will probably be removing the ripped part of the finger nail. He just wanted to give it time to heal under the nail before removing the nail. Luke freaks out on band-aid changes and no one can touch that nail.
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
▼
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
►
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
May 26, 2009
SHARP OBJECTS ARE NOT TOYS
Labels: Luke
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




11 Comments Welcome:
Oh poor sweet baby, ouch ouch ouch! I hope his finger heals quickly!!
Oh no! Your poor guy! I hope it starts to feel better.
That would be so incredibly painful! Poor little guy! I hope he heals quickly. And he probably won't ever want to slice tomatoes!
Ouch!!!!
I hope it feels better soon!
Sounds like no fun for anyone. It reminds me I do not need a tomato slicer.
OMG, I think I'm going to throw up myself after seeing that picture!!!
I am one of those people that feels someone else's pain. For example, if someone cuts their leg, my leg hurts, papercuts their finger, my finger hurts, etc. Now I have an image of a razor going into my thumbnail with sharp pain running up and down my ENTIRE finger. GREAT!!! LOL I hope it heals fast. That looks very painful.
I just remembered something (isn't it funny how our boys have gone through similar things?!) My oldest, Josh, was about Luke's age and he was taking a bath by himself. He hollered at me to come in there cuz he hurt himself. I walked in and he was sticking out his tongue to show me where it hurt, and there were two razor slashes down the middle of it and it was bleeding profusely (of course my tongue instantly started aching, cuz I'm a freak like that! LOL) and I'm like, OMG what did you do?!? Yeah, he'd found my razor that I shaved my legs with (high up on the top ledge where I thought for sure was out of his reach) and put it in his mouth. OUCH!!
YEOWCH!!! :(
thanks goodness for moms - the only people on earth who can handle these sorts of things!! lol
oh my gosh, poor baby!!!! That looks like it hurts so much!!! My heart breaks for him! I DREAD our first real injury. daughter is almost 4 and thus far it's been minor scrapes and bruises!
Thank God it was the nail and not his finger! Poor guy!!! And poor dad!!!
BTW~
I joined Motivate Me Monday for the first time in a few months(I had hardly any computer access for almost two months) and you didn't post it LOL!! Maybe we'll both post next Monday!!!
Awww, poor kid. That looks really painful.
Would you believe that, even though I'm a nurse, and I see ALL kinds of crazy wounds, I can't handle a simple cut on any of my family members (other than my kids)? I actually start to black out and have to leave when I see a family member's wound. Weird.
OOOOOH! That looks like it hurts SOOO bad! Poor little guy!
oh my gosh....poor little man...i know he is better now...but ouch....
Post a Comment