May 19, 2009

Take Me Back ...

OK so I just took this photo on Saturday but it did take me back in time. As my son decided to wrap himself all up in toilet paper he took my mind way back to the 1980’s when I was a kid and the head band and wrist and ankle bands were in style for working out. I laughed at these thoughts and all I kept think of was Olivia Newton John and her song Get Physical. The scary part is my mom probably has a picture of me somewhere in some goofy get-up just like this but wearing the real stuff and not toilet paper.



In Luke’s defense this was not his thoughts of his toilet paper get up but he was telling me he was a ninja. Either way it was pretty fun!


Play along with Take Me Back Tuesday at A Giveaway Addicted Mommy's blog.


I won an amazing prize. Jen at T-Rex Mom & Dad Tales loves to sew and she makes some amazing things. You should see the cute outfits she makes her little boy. So I won last month’s prize and she made me these really cute hand bags. There are three of them all together. One is a little bag great for a quick trip and needing something small, the other is a tiny bag that holds the larger bag that is this great tote.

I must say the pictures do not do justice to these hand bags. They are so much nicer and the quality is fantastic.
Thanks Jen!!!

12 Comments Welcome:

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

How adorable and I so see the Olivia Newton John look tied into his "ninja" look. Though now that awful song is stuck in my head... :)

Too cute!

really.truly said...

Oh my gosh that does bring back memories...and what about leg warmers? I never really understood how to wear them:)

He does look like a ninja! And fun win!

really.truly said...

Ok, ya want to hear something funny....or you may think it's odd;)....I want to follow your blog, but I don't want to be #36..LOL. I have a weird thing with that number. Yes, I know...weird.

Jennifer said...

Your son is adorable!

T Rex Mom said...

Haha - Luke is too funny! He's being imaginative and creative - that is awesome!

And glad you like your bags! Enjoy!

Diane said...

What an adorable little guy! Oh my gosh, Olivia Newton John in her getup in that video! Too, too funny! Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!

Many hugs.......

Diane

Unknown said...

He looks so cute in his TP! I so remember the Olivia Newton John phase! Thanks for the memory!

Heatherlyn said...

Awww, he's so cute! He's the cutest ninja EVER! Once my kids tried to wrap themselves up in toilet paper to go with this silly little song. I thought I was taping them do it but I messed up. I'm glad you captured your son's moment!

Vickie said...

Olivia Newton John...that is funny:) I totally see the ninja look!

My kids would have just thrown the paper down the toilet. At least your son put it to good use:)

Caitlin said...

That is hilarious! Best tp-ninja I have ever seen!

Maggie said...

LOL Those toliet paper pics are hilarious!! I hate to admit this, but I owned a pair of rainbow colored leg warmers when I was around 10 years old that I wore proudly over my jeans with a pair softball cleats and "My folks when to 'Worlds of Fun' and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" shirt. I have a picture of myself in this get up... and it was Christmas Eve, no less. I was stylin', let me tell you!! haha

Peanut said...

Now there's a great idea for what to do with the toilet paper that my kids unroll all over the place!

The handbag is SO CUTE! I love the daisies and the bright colors. Very springlike!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template