June 16, 2009

A FEW VACATION HIGHLIGHTS

This year’s vacation was a family vacation with my in-laws. my in-laws have custody of my sister-in-laws kids. They are doing the right thing by these kids even though it is very hard for them to be raising young kids while in their mid-50’s.


So on our trip we had my mother-in-law, father-in-law, Eric, myself and my in-laws also brought a lovely 22 year old gal “M” to help with the kids.


“A” who is my 4 year old niece.


“C” who is my two year old niece. I have a great story to share about the swim shirt she is wearing but I am going to make that a separate post. Let me just say she was our drama mama..


“L who is my 23 month old nephew. He is the one on the left. He is 6 months older than Thomas but so much smaller. Thomas is actually "C" size (she is little also).



And of course you have my two (Thomas 19 months old & Luke 6 years old).

If you can imagine the insanity of 5 kids.


We stayed in the beautiful 4 bedroom house that was two blocks from the ocean. I really think that house was happy to see us go because I would swear the kids had a pack that one of them must be screaming or crying at all times.

All of the houses were built up a story so this is different to us. I would also swear the placed swayed or moved. I noticed it a lot at night while sleeping.


While at the house one of our favorite things to do was to hang out on this huge porch. It had lots of rocking chairs and a hammock to just relax in.

The hammock was one of the kid’s favorite things to fight over. Everyone wanted a turn.


Isn't he adorable!

Now when we were not relaxing at the house we were at the beach. We love to go to the beach!

This was not the beach near where we stayed. This was Botany Bay and it is beautiful and full of thousands of sea shells.

Just like last year I have a picture of Thomas sleeping on the beach under an umbrella.


So cute but his chubby legs are not nearly as chubby as they were last year.


Thomas did not like the water the first day but on day two Luke had a boggy board and Thomas saw this and that was it, he wanted it and if it meant getting in the water to play on that thing, so be it. I would put it just at the edge of the water and he would sit on it and the waves would come in and push him up the sandy beach. He would laugh and it was a good old time.


Eric and his dad went fishing in the ocean and caught a shark. It was a little shark but they still caught a shark and the kids thought it was so cool and every one ate some but me. I hate sea food and I wasn’t about to eat that shark. (No one took a picture, what is wrong with us)


I could go on forever with so much more but this is getting long so I will take a break and share more another day.

10 Comments Welcome:

T Rex Mom said...

Sounds like a great vacation - did you get much rest with all those kids running around and the house swaying?!?

I love the photos - especially the hammock one.

I would not have eaten the shark either but exciting to have caught one.

Looking forward to reading more.

Diane said...

i love the porch! and all the beautiful kiddos! and the beach! oh, take me with you next time!

Unknown said...

That all sounds so great! Super nice that your kids got to play with their cousins but what a pack. I will be looking for more details soon. Thanks for sharing!

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, the kids must have has such a great time together!

Peanut said...

Looks like a really fun vacation. I love the porch! We took a similar vacation by the beach like that when I was pregnant with JJ and it was great. Can't wait to hear more :)

Teri said...

That beach house looks wonderful! the kids are all so adorable. Even though it is a bit tough on them, it is so good that your in-laws are caring for these little precious kiddies. They look very happy.

Heatherlyn said...

I love beach vacations too!

Did your kids collect the sea shells?

The house on stilts is definitely different than what I am used to. But I love the porch too!

That's a lot of kids. Kids don't make for a very relaxing vacation, but you can still have a good time. Your in laws must be amazing to be raising those little grandchildren of theirs!

Maggie said...

That looks like so much fun!!! That beach looks awesome!!

My son has the same little red/white shoes as Thomas has on.

And how great that you got the SAME picture as last year?! And they really do look similar, minus the chubby legs, haha. Very cool you thought of that!

Anonymous said...

You just went on my dream vacation.

Without me :(

Caitlin said...

Wow, I LOVE that porch on that house! And that picture of Thomas in the hammock is SO STINKIN' CUTE!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template