July 07, 2009

All Scratched Up

So for a while now I have been saying Thomas is 19 months old and then it came to me that I have been saying this for a couple months now. So I did the math and wouldn't you know he is now 22 months. How did that happen!


Anyway on to my Wordful Wednesday. My son has decided to start fighting at the ripe young age of 22 months. While at the sitters on Monday he got into a fight with her son who is 2 and twice the size of Thomas. Lets just say they were pulling hair, scratching and biting. Neither of them cried but they were both pretty mad.

Here are some photos of just how scratched up Thomas got. He didn't scratch the other boy because we keep his nails really short, however he was the one leaving behind his teeth impressions.

Here is a nice cheek scratch. Oh excuse the bottle he is to old for this but to stubborn to ever give it up.


Here is a large scratch on the same side but down by his ear.


Finally the opposite cheek and its double scratches. This poor thing looks like he got into a fight with a cat.

So you ask what in the world would get them going? A tiny little yellow car!

I would like to say I don't approve of this behavior and it is so new to me. My oldest son is so passive that I have never had to deal with this before. Any advice on managing this type of behavior is welcome.

Go visit Angie at 7 Clown Circus for more great Wordful Wednesday post.

13 Comments Welcome:

cat said...

Oh you should see the damage my 21 month old twin boys inflict on each other. Scary stuff!

Liz Mays said...

Those scratch marks make me sad.

carrhop said...

Yowza! It is amazing, those sibling cat fights!

Blessings!

Diane said...

sheesh! i really don't know what i'd do because of their ages. my kids don't fight like that but when they are being nasty to each other i tell them, if you can't act like someone other people want to be around then i guess you get to hang out by yourself in your room.

i had a friend when i was younger and she and her twin sister would fight like that all the time. one day their dad handcuffed them together for an entire weekend. but, they were MUCH older.

hopefully you'll get this under control before then!!

Heather of the EO said...

I do that same thing with ages. I just keep saying 21 months or whatever while all the months fly by!

Poor lil' guy!

T Rex Mom said...

Oh my - we're a couple months behind you - is this what we have to look forward to???

Poor guy, he looks really banged up but has the handsomest blue eyes!

No advice but maybe you can let us know what you find helpful.

Heatherlyn said...

My kids are passive too. They don't fight for what they want. I wish they had a tad bit more of fight in them. I don't have any suggestions. I hope he wasn't the only one with scratch marks though. I'm surprised that it was allowed to get that far.

Anonymous said...

Poor boy, I bet those hurt, glad he wasn't hurt worse!!

Jennifer said...

Boys, boys, boys. At first, it's a tiny car, then when they're older it's is a BIG car! LOL!

All kidding aside, I hope he's okay. And I hope you share the words of wisdom you get. I have a boy. And I'm sure one day I'm going to need help too! ;-)

Caitlin said...

Wow! I can't even believe that! I had no idea that this kind of thing could have started so young?!

Muthering Heights said...

my, he looks like quite the tough guy!

Jenni said...

Oh my!!!! Poor kid!

Unknown said...

Poor little guy! My son hasn't done that yet, but I am sure the day will come. Oh and by the way, he was still using a bottle at bedtime when he was two (stubborn also).

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template