February 15, 2010

Valentines Day

We had another year and another valentines day has come and gone at my house.

My husband is so not the romantic type. I new this going into our relationship and I still married this man anyway. I guess since I new this I can't complain.

Saturday, my next door neighbor was out on the roof of his house spray painting a big red heart on his snow covered roof. OK I would have yelled at my husband for doing something foolish, but how cute. My husband sees what my neighbor does and comes inside and say's "our neighbor must still love his wife".... yes this is what I put up with.

My husband finds it more fun to poke fun at love and our relationship than to ever profess his love. He doesn't mean he doesn't love me he just would never do anything like this and he thinks it is very gross. I would say he is more like an 8 year old boy who finds girls gross or at least anything romantic is considered gross.

With that said, valentines day came and went and nothing romantic took place in our house. Typical but just once it would be nice to be surprised.

We did however host a beautiful valentines day lunch at our Church yesterday. The kids hosted it and we all had a wonderful time.

How was your valentines day?

Oh and remember my post on all the things that have been breaking and going wrong in my house, I woke up Friday to find my ruby has fallen out of my wedding band wrap. Yep... the hits keep come.

6 Comments Welcome:

T Rex Mom said...

I sad for you that your ring now also needs repair.

We didn't do anything romantic this year but years past we have done lots of romantic things. It's not what happens once a year but the stuff that happens all year through.

And hosting the lunch sounded delightful

More Than Words said...

You're not alone. My husband isn't the romantic type either. It actually works out for me, because he doesn't expect gifts..LOL.

On Saturday night, we went out to dinner with some friends in the city. It was really nice! I blogged about it today.

Heatherlyn said...

Next year you should set up a date for you two to go out to dinner. It doesn't have to be over-the-top romantic, but Valentine's day is a nice excuse to go on a date and enjoy spending some time together without kids!

I do also love celebrating valentines day with our kids. I suppose that I consider it more a holiday about love than romance anyway. I love valentines from my children. They are so sweet!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

My husband isn't all that romantic either. He did send roses, as usual, which is very nice, but something unexpected once in a while would be great.

We (or I ) had a Valentine's Day party for the kids and we made Valentine's and treats and delivered them to our neighbors. It was fun.

So sorry about your ring!

Colette S said...

My hubs isn't too romantic either. He needs to be pointed in the right direction.

He ..I don't think understand how to give gifts. so I sent him a list of things women will not refuse, including my favorite: books.

I got necklace and earrings for Valentines! It's lovely, but I don't always need gifts. hime taking the kids would make me much more happy. kwim?

Your hubs can learn ...he needs the motivation from other men...

It's just the little things that make us happy/feel appreciated.

I hope you wedding band is fixed now.

Brandi said...

No romantic stuff at our house either!

That is a huge bummer that your ruby fell out!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template