December 01, 2010

Our Path.....

I believe that in my life I have been given a path that has brought me to where I am today. I was thinking about this the other day as I can remember a big life changing moment in my life. It changed everything for me and I believe is how I got to this point in my life today.

I go back to being in Junior High 8th grade to be exact. I loved music at this age, my favorite class was choir. I love to sing. At that time I believe I was pretty good because in a couple of concerts I had a few solos of my own. Clearly your music teacher has to believe you have some talent if you are selected for a solo part. Now fast forward to the end of Junior High where every student who wanted to be part of the High school choir had to try out.

My love of singing of course led me to try out because I wanted to be in the choir. However, this was not my path to take. I did not make it into the choir as my tryout did not go very well. I am a very nervous person and I was very nervous at the tryout and I did not do well because I could not get past my nerves. My music teacher was shocked and very disappointed that I did not get selected, she even told me so. Giving me the advice to join the girls choir and prove myself to the teacher so that I would be part of the choir in 10th grade.

I had the option to be part of the girls glee choir in high school but I did elected not to be part of this due to trouble with some other girls who were also in the girls glee choir.

So because of that, my singing came to an end in the 8th grade. Who is to say I would not have done a lot more with music had I made it into the choir but instead I walked away from it all.

Because I walked away I became involved in other activities that lead to an entire new group of friends, that lead to meeting my husband, and the rest is history.

Had I not been part of those other activities (if I did music I would not have been) I would have never made those new friends, I would never have met my husband and so on.

So yes, I do believe we have life changing moments. Sometimes I think they are very obvious and other times not so much. Way back when, I did not see that moment of not making the choir as a life changing moment. Today, I would say this moment has most certainly brought me to where I am today.

Have you had a life changing moment?

5 Comments Welcome:

T Rex Mom said...

Gosh, I'd love to hear you sing. I bet you have a beautiful voice. I am sad you did not get to do the whole choir experience. But I'm sure your life took the path it's supposed be taking.

I think we all have those life changing moments. I think the most pivotal for me was meeting my now husband. It pretty much changed everything. I used to always say I would never get married or ever have kids. Seems he changed all that. However, I know I am far happier with the life I have than I would have ever been as a surgeon living in an apartment with her dog as her only companion. I don't know what I'd do without the hubby and the kids.

Thanks for all the nice comments. I've missed you. Have I seen that photo of Luke with the snow above his head? Some how it seems familiar to me.

Brandi said...

I have a few life changing moments, or something like that! :) What did you end up doing instead of choir?

More Than Words said...

I love reflecting back on things and realizing that if I made different decisions, my life would be totally different right now! It's amazing how things work out!!

Caitlin said...

Sad that you missed your music chance (especially since I love the show Glee, so glee choir sounds fun!) but I am happy that it all worked out for the best in the end!

I had one of those moments myself- I was chatting with Brian senior year of high school, and out of NO WHERE I decided to ask him out to see a play that weekend. I had never ever done that before!
Glad I did though! :)

Maggie said...

That is a great story! At least you can still sing whenever you want to!! :)

It's funny how people come into your life for a brief moment and then they are gone, but when you look back, it totally clicks for you why they were there... there was a reason for their friendship at the time. A friend of mine (co-worker) introduced me to my husband. Since then, she and I both changed jobs and lost touch. We no longer talk, except on FB occasionally, but if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have met my husband. Or would I have? Fate is a funny thing... if it's meant to be, it will find a way, I guess. But, I am definitely thankful that she was a part of my life when she was. :)

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template