I was tagged about a week ago by my friend T-Rex mom to play along with this fun posting game. What I have to do is answer the four questions she has given and then ask four new questions before passing it along.
So here goes.....
1. What is one of your most embarrassing mom-moments? After Thomas was born and I returned to work I was still breastfeeding. Lucky for me I have a private office but I work with 4 men all in the age range between 49 and 60. We are a small company. My first day back I took my pump into the office and sent an email telling them all that if my door was closed do not enter because I will be pumping my milk. Not exactly an email I wanted to send but I didn't want anyone walking in on me either. Don't worry they all stayed away. I think they were all fine with it except for one of them was made very uncomfortable from it. A side story, I got a good laugh from one day. I had my door closed and the warehouse next to ours had a very loud air compressor running. One of the guys said to the man who was always uncomfortable with my pumping "that noise must be Nina's new pump". I got a good laugh from it but I guess he ran away from that moment so fast.
2. What is the weirdest advice anyone has ever given you regarding parenting or regarding your child? What was your response? My mother-in-law was not a fan of breastfeeding. She didn't do it and she didn't want me to do it. I can remember her telling me after a couple short months of feeding Thomas that I really needed to switch him to formula. Oh how I drove her crazy as I nursed for about 16 months.
3. While you were pregnant, did you ever have the random stranger stop and tell you the most intimate details of the birth of her child? How did this make you feel and did you say anything in response? I do not remember ever having anyone do this to me. I was never real big when I was pregnant so I am not sure people felt it was time yet.
4. What do you do to maintain your sanity when you've had a long day and/or night with the kids? Oh how I love the ice cream also. At the moment I can not think what I do but often I give myself alone time when I have half work days and the kids are still at the sitters and school. Thomas is napping at that time so I don't rush to pick them up, instead I have some me time. It is very nice!!!
Please join in and answer any of the above questions or my new questions below. I'd love to hear your experiences. As for Tagging.... I am inviting any of you to play along if you would like.
Now for my questions:
1. What was your favorite childhood television cartoon? Scooby-Doo Where are you? I loved Scooby and now I am watching them all over again as Thomas loves Scooby. The funny part is we have Scooby cartoons starting from 1969 all the way to 2010 with the new episodes. Amazing that a cartoon can still be so popular after all theses years. Of course I think the original 1969 "Where Are You?" are the best ones.
2. Are you a minivan mom? LOL.... my mom always had a minivan and still does today. As a kid this was the best thing because my mom took us all everywhere. Me, I refuse to ever own one. I have a small SUV and I can only haul two children in my car but I don't care. My next car (in about 4 more years) will be one of these new crossovers with three rows of seats because we are fast approaching the age of friends and the need to take more than just my two children.
3. Do you find time for exercise? I try but lately I have not. I do find when I make that time for me and squeeze it in, I am happier and more motivated. A new gym opened near my work and it is actually a great monthly price so I am seriously considering joining. I will always go on my half days and occasionally on my lunch hour.
4. Do your children still believe in Santa? How old were they when they stopped believing? Luke is at the delicate age as he is about to turn 8 and is in second grade. Last year one of his friends told him and his other friends there was no Santa. We did a good job convincing him other wise (thank you Polar Express). It has not come up this year but I have a feeling it will. I am not sure I am ready for him to know the truth but at some point he is going to know. A friend of mine tells her oldest that he will get no presents if he doesn't believe because she doesn't want him ruining it for his little sister. I do want to make sure that magic is in Thomas for many years but it will be hard with an older brother.
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
▼
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
►
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
►
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
December 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




2 Comments Welcome:
Thanks for participating. I love your responses and your new questions.
Love the pump story - giant air compressor! That's awesome! I hear you on the breastfeeding thing. First time around, my mom said the same thing - "Put a bottle in the baby's mouth - he's not growing". Oh he was growing - twice as big as his sister was at the same age! Sometime you and I will meet and have some ice cream!
Love Scooby. Someday I'll introduce him to the kids. I always said I'd never own a minivan. I probably never will but I can see how handy they are. I've had bronchitis for the past 3 weeks but today was the first time I've been able to get back to my exercise routine in three weeks. But I am back to pre-T Rex weight so I feel good about that. And we are REALLY looking forward to Santa's visit this year. I think it will be the first Santa memory T Rex has.
Obviously, Josh at 15 no longer believes, but I tell him what my Dad told me (also being the oldest), if you don't believe, you don't receive... I "believed" up until I was 18 and moved out, and Santa never passed me by! :)
I have also threatened him that if he tells Jonah (and his new little brother on the way) there will be heck to pay!! haha
Post a Comment