August 08, 2008

Price increase, not my coffee too!

Not my coffee! I make a point to stop and get a cup of coffee every morning at the local Speedway. I don’t have time to make coffee at home in the morning and I they don’t make Decaf at work. I am stuck with the unleaded kind until Thomas stops breast feeding. Oh, how I miss caffeine.
I never have money so I am always taking change left on the sofa table or what little change gets dropped into the tray of my car. I am always scrounging for change. Today, I have one dollar to get my normal cup of coffee.
Now, this is one very busy Speedway, there is always a line of 8 or 10 people and three cashiers. I
wait in line and finally, it is my turn at the check out.

The cashier “your total is $1.09”.

I gasp, “$1.09 did your prices go up?”

Of course they did but I still had to ask. Now here I am with my coffee, one dollar and a huge line behind me. I start digging in my bottomless pit of a purse for 10 cents. Of course, I am having no luck finding any change and when my fingers run across something it is inevitably a penny.

Now, I am getting the evil stare down from the cashier and from the line behind me. All the time I am stressing and thinking to myself, “So you don’t like me holding up the line, ok fine, help a girl out and loan her a dime. For crying out load, does anyone have a dime?”

Finally after what seems like an eternity, I have pulled out enough change to make 10 cents. Whoo, I never that that would end.

One little price increase can cause such drama to ones morning.

0 Comments Welcome:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template