Join in the fun for Candid Carrie's Phriday's Photo Phinish Phiesta....

This weeks photo's are all about Halloween and I promised everyone that I would post pictures of my costumes. As you know if you read my post earlier this week about my Halloween Costume Crisis you know that I foolishly told my son we would make a Sponge Bob costume. Crafty I am not, detailed I am not, patient with crafty things I am not. So why I ever said we would make a costume is beyond me.
I went shopping with Luke yesterday and we bought everything to make the costume. My husband didn’t want me to do it with out his help. He is an Engineer and he is very meticulous about things. Again, foolishly I agreed to wait until he got home so we could make this costume.
Well instantly we are not getting along because everything I cut out is not good enough. I will admit it wasn’t perfect but Luke is 5 and he isn’t going to care. Mr. Engineer has his rulers, tape measures and templates for everything and this was no exception.
Well by 11:15 I had my fill of the “that doesn’t look good” or “do it this way” so I went to bed. I thought Luke can be the Transformer that I bought because I can’t deal with this anymore.
Again, patient I am not. 3:00A.M. and my husband still have not come to bed. I go down stairs and he is still working on this costume but was almost finished.
All I can say is WOW…. He did an amazing job and did so much better than I ever would have done. So I give my husband all the credit here for giving Luke such a great costume. Hubby got 2 hours of sleep Wednesday night before getting up and going to work in the morning.
Now I feel guilty for letting him do this great costume all on his own and staying up so late. I guess I should be thankful my husband loves his kids so much and is always willing to go that extra mile for them.





19 Comments Welcome:
Your husband ROCKS. WOW. They both look so dang cute. I just love kiddos in costume. :)
Happy Halloween!
Came over from SITS!! GREAT job on the costumes
Happy Halloween!
The costumes look great!! He did a fabulous job on Sponge Bob!!! =) Happy Halloween!!
That is awesome! Looks fantastic - what a great husband.
Thanks for stopping by. Happy Halloween!
Sponge Bob is AWESOME. they are too cute!
I love the costumes. Aren't they cute and sweet. I wish I were a kid for one day. Imagine being able to trick or treat one more time.
Happy Halloween!!
Hi from your fellow SITS-tah :) Just wanted to invite you to my Giveaway. I am doing todays drawing at 8pm ET so there is still time to get in!
Every Friday we give away 1 lb of Gourmet Coffee or tea from my new online coffee shop: Get The Bean.
To enter visit: www.getthebean.blogspot.com
xoxo
Meaghan
Wow! The sponge bob costume turned out great! What a great daddy!
We've had a few of those late night, making something for the kids arguments lately!
Your kids are super cute :)
Your husband did an amazing job on the costume. I am an engineer (before kids)and my husband is an engineer. So I totally get the rulers, etc. It's how we roll;)
WOW! that turned out just AWESOME! Your husband is a fantastic daddy!
Both of those costumes are adorable. Of course I'm a fan of sponge bob and Tigger's always fun!
LOL! The costume is cute! And since I know it's handmade & perfect, you had to know an engineer was involved!! =) I only wish I was that detail oriented!
You have a very talented husband!!! Great costumes! Thanks for stopping by my blog & hope to see you again!!!
Sounds like costumes are a "daddy thing" from now on. He did great! What cute kids!!
Thanks for stopping by yesterday with BATW.
That spongebob looks awesome! My son would be jealous :)
The engineer types can drive nonperfectionists crazy but wow, did he ever do a fabulous job. That looks better than anything you could have bought.
So cute. Oh my. So cute.
Hey good for you for not snapping and going off on him!!! And great job to your hubby...he did a wonderful job on the costume....very cute picture of your kids...sooo cute!!
Really cute costumes. I miss this age - mine are teenagers.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Post a Comment