Luke is the funniest kid and he also has a little bit of a stubborn streak. I know he gets this from me so it just drives me that much more crazy when he starts being stubborn over something.
Last week was his first day of latch-key and I told him I would give him a dollar for some milk. One of his friends also goes to the morning latch-key and his mom told me he always gets breakfast. I knew that Luke would want to follow his friend through the line so I gave him a dollar for milk.
Luke: “Mommy, I don’t want milk”.
Me: “I am sure you will want to get milk so put the dollar in your pocket.”
Luke: “No, I won’t.”
Me: “Please put it in your pocket because I know you will.”
Luke: “No mommy I won’t.”
Me: “OK, then take the dollar and keep it and don’t buy milk. You will have it in your pocket if you change your mind.”
Luke: “Mommy I am not going to change my mind.” If only you could here the frustration in his tone.
Fast forward to noon when I am picking him up.
Me: “How was latch-key this morning?”
Luke: “Good, I bought chocolate milk mommy and it was good. Tomorrow I want breakfast.”
First I have to fight with him knowing he will want to go through the line and now he has and he wants to upgrade to breakfast. I know my kids way to well….
This child loves going to latch-key because of breakfast... go figure






3 Comments Welcome:
We sometimes know our kids better then they know themselves...lol...
I have something for you at my blog! :)
Sounds like some of the arguments that have been going on in our house lately!
And they say women are stubborn and change their minds lol..but when you're that cute...you can get away with it!
Post a Comment