December 01, 2008

Christmas Gift Revealed

Yesterday my husband and my 5 year old Luke went Christmas shopping. They went to buy gifts for me and for his little brother Thomas. That evening Eric brings in the packages and puts them into our office. Luke comes walking out holding up this little bag that says Kay Jewelers on it. He says to me, “mommy your present is in this little bag”. I start laughing so hard and then go tell my husband what he has done. Eric is all ticked off and yells at Luke for showing me the bag. I had to remind Eric Luke is 5 and doesn’t understand that if I read the name on the bag I am going to know I am getting a piece of jewelry for Christmas. So Eric tried to explain this to him that mommy has a pretty good idea what she is getting for Christmas now. Then Luke with a real serious face says to me, “mommy what you think is in that bag isn’t what is really in that bag.” I just smiled at him and laughed at my husband. Poor Luke just can’t wait for Christmas.

Now I have to be very patient and wait until Christmas to see what they bought me. So are you one who will snoop because you can’t wait to know or are you willing to wait and not peak at those gifts hidden around the house?

5 Comments Welcome:

Diane said...

My boyfriend and I talked about this the other night because we caught our daughter snooping.

I never snooped, and neither did he. But both our sisters did. We learned they even used the same techniques. lol

I'd rather wait and let it be a nice suprise. But if I KNEW I was going to JEWELRY, well, it would probably drive me nuts. Only 24 more days, can you last?

Peanut said...

Oooohhhh jewelery! Lucky lady!
I don't have the opportunity to snoop. My husband either buys his gifts last minute, or else he gets too excited and gives them to me early! Last year, he told me I could open ONE early... but then I kept opening the wrong one, so he ended up letting me open them all (most of which were decoys)
This year should be fun because KK is old enough to help pick out gifts. My husband has been waiting since we started thinking about having kids to shop with them!

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

lol! Awww.

I'm a non snooper. When I was a kid I was a huge snooper, but I learned that it pretty much takes the magic out of Christmas when there are no surprises.

Tiff said...

That is totally to cute!! How innocent they are at that age! So your man got you some jewelery...awesome...I know you can't wait to see what it is....
BTW Nope I do not snoop..I like the surprise... :)

Maggie said...

Ha ha, that is a funny story!! =) I'll tell ya, I used to be a snoop, one of the best, when I was little, but these days, I love a good surprise!! Esp. if the boys pick it out on their own!!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template