Thrifty & Chic Mom says: As we enter a new year everyone has a list as long as their arm of things they want to accomplish. My list could go on forever and now I have a way to hold myself accountable by choosing one thing to focus on each week. It can be big or small; it doesn't matter just as long as I specify what it is and get it done.
So each week I will post my focus for the upcoming week as well as give a recap of how my week went with the previous focus. Now play along with Thrifty & Chic Mom and everyone else who is trying to put a little focus back into their lives.
Last Weeks Focus: putting my house back in order. Now my goal is not to scrub every room but to just put away the stuff from Christmas that is still out, the bags of presents that haven’t found a home yet and just the general mess that has been collected around the house. The big question, “did I succeed”???? That would be a big fat no… The weekend is when I get things done and both Thomas and I ended up with strep throat. Needless to say I felt awful and did very little. I moved a lot of it to Luke’s room and cleared out the empty boxes but didn’t really find a specific home for everything.
This weeks Focust: My kitchen and dinning room tables have become the catch all again and I need to clean them off. I can’t stand the clutter on my tables and yet everyone in my house feels the need to drop everything or leave everything on my tables. Currently my dinning room table is covered with mail, some toys and some paint project that Luke started but never finished. By next week (God willing everyone stays healthy) those two tables are going to be cleaned off and kept that way. I don’t get why the tables have to be the spot for dropping everything off. Again, my motto… it isn’t going to get cleaned unless I do it. (insert large sigh here).
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
▼
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ▼ 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
►
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
January 15, 2009
Focus Friday #2
Labels: Focus Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




8 Comments Welcome:
Thanks for participating, sorry you got sick I hope this week goes better. My island counter is the catchall it makes me crazy!
ooh sorry you guys got sick! thats no good. hope youre feeling better.
don't be discouraged about last week. you got sick. but good luck on this week's!
Oh no- strep throat sucks! Life happened but don't give up- you can do it girl! TGIF!
Here's to a healthy week for you & your family!
Be sure to rest...your family needs you!
A good decluttering tip is to set a timer for 15 minutes; you will be amazed at how much you can get done in just 15 minutes!
FYI - I found a couple wicker baskets to 'catch' my family's stuff. As I clean, I put their stuff in their baskets and then it is up to them to put their own stuff away.
Only downfall...I sometimes have to remind them to unload the basket...but, at least the area I need is clutter-free.
Hope you can find a solution that works for you and your family!
Why does there always have to be a dropping point. My hubby kinda drops a little bit with each step he takes.
Sorry to hear about the strep throat. I hope everyone is feeling better!
sickness does throw a kink in the clean-up plan. Tackling those clutter hot spots is a GREAT way to begin. Good health and good luck!
Hope you are feeling much better! I am sure you will be able to get back your tables this week!
I love this Focus Friday! I just found it. Can't wait to read how you do as well with it!
Post a Comment