February 23, 2009

All Things Boy

When I was pregnant with child number two I really wanted a boy. I had many reasons for this but I really wanted another boy and God blessed me with just that. Now I am really starting to notice that I am living in a house full of boys and questioning why on earth I didn’t want to equal out the balance between boys and girls.

Here are a few of the things I have dealt with this past week that make things in my house all boy.

I will start with dinner the other night. Luke points out to his father that he can fart with his arm pits. He then shows his dad and of course his father chimes in and says I can do that also. Now we are eating dinner and they are making arm pit noises. I am glad Thomas is too young to follow suit with this craziness. I tell them they are gross and Luke points out that girls fart and that includes mommies. (Thanks for that Luke)

For the past couple months we have turned Friday night into family movie night. I have been stuck watching all of the Indiana Jones movies, and now we have moved onto the Star Wars movies. Anyone think my odds are good for a chick flick? LOL….

My son brings home a book from the library each week from school. Last week I had to read all about Viper Snakes. Most of the time it is Dinosaurs or some other gross animal or bug. I told him to bring something cute like puppies that way I can enjoy it also. But no... he likes these books better.

I have this feeling as both my boys get older I am going to face many more of these types of things. I had better suck it up now because the fairytale stories, sugar & spice and all things nice are going to be replaced by all things boy.

8 Comments Welcome:

Shauna said...

I have three teenage boys! Boys are awesome but a LOT of work! ♥ Hugs :)

Heatherlyn said...

Oh. But, farting noises at the table aside, it's kind of cute. It's nice that boys are boys. And just think of the great snake/bug/slimy thing education you are getting! Hopefully, you will have lots of granddaughters someday!

Anonymous said...

I have two girls and my youngest makes her dad proud by making the farting noises with her armpits..... I feel sorry for my hubby he is the only make surrounded by all these girly hormones even the dogs and cat are female.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Look at it this way hun,....raise your boys to be good, generous, kind, compassionate MEN and they will find really great women to marry! And then you will have your girls!!

Dreams and Designs said...

LOL, well I have 2 girls- and EVERYTHING is pink and princesses and stealing mom's jewelry and wearing matching bows in their hair- I guess it's hard to find a balance no matter what!

Kristi said...

My older one also loves non-fiction. We have learned about space, animals, volcanoes...you name it. I think that is a boy thing. My friends with girls say that they like reading fiction stories more than non-fiction.

Peanut said...

I always admire moms with boys, thinking they must be on the go ALL THE TIME! I'm grateful to have one of each so that when JJ is napping, at least I can sit down with KK and read or paint or do something girly and quiet.
Hey, at least they'll keep you skinny!
You'll get to enjoy the girly movies when they find themselves some wives... but you probably don't want to think about that yet!

Tiff said...

i'M there with you...have three boys...do have a girl though..thankfully...my shopping buddy.. :)

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template