Play along the 1st & 3rd Monday of each month.
How many of you make a promise to yourself that this week I am going to start exercising, exercise a little more or you need a new physical challenge but you just can’t seem to do it. I started the year off with the resolution to get myself back into shape. A month has gone by and I haven’t done a single thing. I want to motivate myself and make this a challenge.
Motivate Me Monday is all about helping each other with our fitness goals. I find it so much easier to work out when I know I am being held accountable. If I know that someone is checking in on me each week then I carry that around in the back of my mind all week long. Hence motivating me to get my work outs in. This is not all about me but about you also. I can’t do this alone, I need others to play along so that I have support from you and so that I can support you as well.
The objective here is to come up with a goal each week. The scale of your goals is what you want to make it. For instance you are doing something as small as walking around the block twice a week or………….head over to the other end of the scale and you are going to really kick up your work out and make it intense by working out 6 days a week with very specific goals for each of those six days. Next week come back tell us how you did and what your new goals are for the next week.
Tell us why you are working out. Everyone has a reason, unless you are one of those nuts that just love working out… lol. Are you planning a trip to the beach this summer and you are not ready to put on that bathing suit (I am never ready for that one)? Did you just have a baby and need to drop that extra weight? Did you gain a few extra ponds over the holidays? Are you doing it for your health? What is your reason?
I have two reasons, one my body is out of shape from having child number two. I just can’t seem to make the time to work out and I need to stop making excuses and tone up this body. My second reason is based on my family history. Heart disease is a big killer in my family. My grandmother had her first heart-attach in her 30’s, had a couple more before the last one took her life when she was 69 years old. I am in my 30’s and I think about this often. I know I am not my grandmother but there is so much history on both sides of the family and our life expectancy is much shorter because of it. I don’t want to be like everyone else in my family, I want to live to be that old… old lady. So for that reason I am motivating myself each week.
Join us each Monday, write a blog post and bust out those tennis shoes and get motivated.
Thanks!!! Nina
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (4)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
▼
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ▼ 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
►
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
February 02, 2009
Motivate Me Monday
Labels: Motivate Me Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




7 Comments Welcome:
I def will not be participating in this one lol
but i'm behind you a zillion percent!! you've got my support! :)
I wish I could play, I want to play, but I know I won't keep up. Oh, how I wish I was different.
Ladies don't feel bad... everyone has their thing and some people hate excercising. Plus you don't have to play just your support means the world to me.
If I know you are checking in on me to see how I am doing that is my motivation right their. Thanks!!!
Good luck!
Wow! That's starting small? Good for you :) Starting small for me would be to do ANY exercise: stretches, 10 minutes of aerobics. I have physio exercises that I'm supposed to be doing every day, but I haven't done them since, oh, about when JJ became mobile!
I would but can't exercise right now (doctor's orders (lucky me LOL) but I will be your cheerleader!
Ok......if you are still doing it, then count me in!!!! It does make a difference knowing people are watching to see if you are doing what you are saying. I have been going at it since Christmas...cardio and strength training. My treadmill is my new bff doing a minimum of 2.5 - 3 miles each day. Strength training is only 5 days a week. Oh yeah...and I am trying really hard to shut my mouth and stop eating junk!!!
I'll be watching so go blow off some of that dust.....oh and I can't wait to get my box of goodies!!!!
Post a Comment