Aloha Friday # 18
Play along at An Island Life for Aloha Friday. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
My question this week…..
What new song on the radio do you like right now?
Do you like the song enough to go out and buy it?
Do you like the song enough to go out and buy it?
Right now I have two songs that I just love. All I can say is I am a country girl at heart.
#1 Blake Shelton’s, She Wouldn’t Be Gone
#2 Darius Rucker’s, It Wont Be Like This For Long
This song melts my heart because it reminds me of how quickly my kids will out grow the various phases of their lives. So many parts of the song I went through with my oldest and I can’t believe how quickly those things came and went.
I just saw Darius Rucker in concert as he was the opening act for Brad Paisley. Did you know Darius Rucker was the lead singer of Hootie & the Blow Fish? He has gone country…LOL. The concert was great and he sang one of Hootie & the Blow Fishes big hits "Let Her Cry". It was a great concert!!





13 Comments Welcome:
good morning. :)
i love your choices!! :) i love a lot of songs on the radio, but I never know who sings them... there is one that I think is hilarious, not that I'd buy it... b/c I don't really love it like I want to have it... but I think it's funny... it's about a cheating husband in a bar... it's a country song. I love country music too. :)
I will have to try to get to this later on my blog... I'd love to play along... but I'll have three kids and a house to clean all day... so I'm not sure I'll get to it. :P
have a great day~
xoxoxo
good morning. :)
i love your choices!! :) i love a lot of songs on the radio, but I never know who sings them... there is one that I think is hilarious, not that I'd buy it... b/c I don't really love it like I want to have it... but I think it's funny... it's about a cheating husband in a bar... it's a country song. I love country music too. :)
I will have to try to get to this later on my blog... I'd love to play along... but I'll have three kids and a house to clean all day... so I'm not sure I'll get to it. :P
have a great day~
xoxoxo
I'm a country fan too. Like your choices. It's not all that new but I love the one w/ Brad Paisley & Keith Urban about starting a band. The video is pretty cute too. I won't buy it just because I don't do that but Hubby probably already has it on his ipod.
That Blake Shelton song is very well written and well performed. It's catchy.
I really so rarely actually BUY music from the store. I might pay to download a song.
I like White Horse by Taylor Swift, and I also like almost everything that Dirks Bently comes out with. And we've spent a gazillion dollars on Rascal Flatts concert tickets but I've still never bought one of their CDS!!!!
I hven't listened to the radio in a long time. I always have my ipod at the ready. :)
I actually don't listen to the radio, but I recently figured out who Leona Lewis is and I love her!
I got her album with a Sansa SlotMusic player I reviewed and love it, but no I probably wouldn't have bought it myself otherwise, but I'm glad to have it now!
**If this is a double post, i'm sorry...something is goin crazy with my laptop today**
My 2 fav. songs right now are
"Broken" by LifeHouse
and
"You Found Me" by The Fray.
I have the LIFEHOUSE Cd and I would probably buy The Fray Cd as well
I don't really get the chance to listen to the radio these days... but we finally replaced our broken stereo in the van, so next time I get out on my own I'll be catching up on all the new songs! Otherwise, it's Doodlebops or Barney lately.
I'll have to listen for those songs you recommended! I'm a country girl too :)
Well, my current favorite song is "Born Again" by Third Day. Once I heard it on their Revelation CD I fell in love with it. It's all I've been listening to in the car.
Thanks to my two boys, I barely ever listen to the radio. I always have their CD on with Laurie Berkner, The Wiggles, Sesame Street, Sandra Boynton and other kids songs. If I really liked a song enough I would probably buy them in MP3 format.
I'm a little out of it with the radio and what's new. But I love Raising Sand, the CD by Allison Krauss and Robert Plant. Both of their voices are amazing and different, but in a good way. One of my favorite tracks is Fortune Teller
I like the Kelly Clarkson song, but the name of it escapes me at the moment!
Unfortunately, I can't answer, I don't listen to the radio.
Post a Comment