April 17, 2009

Aloha Friday #29

Aloha Friday # 29

I am going back in time today. So today I ask you the following questions, answer one or answer all just have fun going back in time.

Todays Question......
Go back 5, 10 and/or 20 years in time, how old were you and what were you doing in your life then?

My answers:
5 Years ago I was 29 years old and Luke would have been one. We had our home a couple years at this point and had gotten a good start on the work before Luke arrived.

10 years ago I was 24 and the year would have been 1999. I had just been married one year, we were living in our little apartment and I was working full time and going to collage full time. I always have been one of those people that has to load my plate with way to much stuff.

20 years ago I would have been 14. I would have been in junior high school (8th grade). It was the last year my parents lived in town before we moved to the apple farm that my parents live on today.

Play along at An Island Life for Aloha Friday. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

19 Comments Welcome:

Anonymous said...

20 years ago I was 34 and my kids were 11 and 8 so I was much busier than I am now.

Caitlin said...

Great question!

For me 5 years ago: I was 19, living in Seattle so that I could be by my boyfriend Brian, and in 3 weeks (little did I know!), I was going to be engaged!

10 years ago: 14, living in Oregon with my parents, hating the world and covered in zits and braces. Glad I don't have a time machine set for that time!

20 years ago: I was 4 and having a grand ol time staying home with my Mama and playing all day long. Plus a forced nap. Sigh...those were the days...

HAve a great weekend!

Diane said...

lets see...

5 yrs ago i was 32. the girls were 8 and 3. don't miss that! lol

10 yrs ago i was 27. zoe was 3 and trinity didn't exist yet. also not a great time! :(

3 years old can, of course, be a fun time, but i sure don't miss it!

20 years ago i was 17 and thinking i could take over the world!

now i'm thinking about all sorts of stuff!

thanks for the trip down memory lane. great question!

Brandi said...

5 years ago I was 18 and had just graduated high school.

10 years ago I was 13 and was in the seventh grade. boy was that scarry. My first year of high school(we went straight from elementary to high school)

and 20 years ago I was 3 so I don't really remember it to much.

Jennifer said...

5 years ago I was 34 and busy getting my family settled in a new home, schools, etc.

10 years ago I was 29 and busy getting my family settled in a new home, schools, etc.

20 years ago I and 19 and living in the former USSR.

Unknown said...

Lets see..
5 years ago I was very pregnant! The baby was born on the 23rd of April.
10 years ago I had been married for 5 years, no kids working in a reasturant, spending much time hanging out with hubby and friends.
20 years ago Just getting read to finish my 2nd year of college and go back to my parents house for the summer.

Thanks for the look back! It doesn't seem like I have been out of college for that long. Happy Friday.

Anonymous said...

5 years ago I was 28 and teaching preschool at our church's 3 day a week program.

10 years ago I was 23 and 4 months pregnant with our first child.

20 years ago I was 13 and in Jr. High and thought I KNEW EVERYTHING. Boy was I wrong!!!

PMKU said...

If I go back 20 years ago I was married to someone else and about to have my first baby. I was so afraid. It was a very unpleasant time. I should have only gone back 10 or 5. lol

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

5 years ago I was home with my then 8 month old son. We were about to close on our house after a debacle of an experience.

10 years ago I had just started at a new college after changing from pharmacy to teaching (what my dream was).

20 years ago I was in middle school and just hoping to be done because I could not stand the school.

Momstart said...

five years ago I was 24 and where I am today except no kids, ten years ago i was in college 19 and hasn't met my husband yet. five more years ago and I was in middle school.

Jenni said...

20 years ago I was 15 years old, a terror to my parents, and completely ignorant of how GOOD I had it!

annies home said...

5 years ago: full time student, full time nurse aide, full time mom daughter graduationing from highschool (ironic I have one graduationg this year as well),

10 years ago: full time nurses aide, living in different part of state, adopted my nephew

20 years ago: 18 years ago, married, 2 kids

Muthering Heights said...

5 Years ago, I was a junior in college...

...10 years ago, I was in 10th grade. I was excited to register for the summer class of driver's ed in preparation for the test for my driver's permit!

...20 years ago, I was almost done with Kindergarten!

Petula said...

Hmmm... 20 years ago I was 20. I was in the military and living in upstate NY. No kids yet. Life was much easier.

T Rex Mom said...

Five years ago: Working as a nurse at a digestive clinic - no kids but loving being married to a dashing husband for 3 years and living in our first home.

Ten years ago: in college, double majoring in nursing and psychology and taking ballet classes with the university dance company. Single. Extremely fit! I'll never be quite like that again!

Twenty years ago: living in Mississippi and going to grade school wearing braces and thick glasses. Very awkward stage.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Great question!

sues2u2 said...

5 yrs ago I was 37 & enjoying the time w/ my 2 yr old & my 10 yr old.

10 yrs ago we'd been back in the states for about 2 yrs & I was trying to avoid thinking about more children!

20 yrs ago I was 22 & was in college trying to decide if I really wanted to be a teacher. I didn't.

Tara said...

5 years ago: I was 26 pregnant with my first child. Married almost a year.

10 years ago: I was 21..and I think I was living in Wyoming can't remember lol I was in difficult stage of my life.. trying to find who I was.

20 years ago: I would of been almost 11 lol Living in the Philippines..where I grew up. My parents were missionaries. At age 11 we were packing to move back to the states..and I remember it being very difficult for me to accept.. because I had come to call the Philippines home :)

Great question!

Peanut said...

Good questions!

5 years ago, I was 24, a newly graduated nurse, married 2 years, making more money than I'd ever made before (or since) and spending every penny!

10 years ago, I was 19, in my second year of university, living in dorms, just starting to suffer problems with my tailbone and just about to fall in love and have my heart broken, also just realizing that a career as a doctor was not the road for me.

20 years ago, I was 9. It was the year I got glasses and a too curly, short hair perm. It was awkward. It was embarrassing. I would not go back to that year for ANY reason!

Heatherlyn said...

20 years ago I was 13/14 and in 8th grade. And junior high was sort of miserable. I think I cared way too much about what my friends were thinking!

10 years ago I was 23/24 and that was a big year because I graduated from law school, got divorced, passed the California bar AND got remarried within a 1 year period!

5 years ago I was 27/28 and happily married to Jeremy with 4 kids! (The last one was born about a year later!)

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template