April 09, 2009

Aloha Friday

Aloha Friday #27


My questions this week:


Whats your poison? Are you the leaded or unleaded type, caffeine or no caffeine? If you do drink caffeine what is your choice drink?


I gave up caffeine two years ago when I got pregnant. I will not drink a drop of caffeine while pregnant or nursing. It is a personal thing and I just wont do it. I went cold turkey and didn't have caffeine for two years between being pregnant and nursing. When I stopped nursing I said, I don't need caffeine and am not going back. Ha... that lasted 5 minutes. Now I am hooked, must have my 2 cups of coffee every morning, fully leaded... thank you very much. I am now back to if I don't have my two cups of coffee in the morning then I have the worst head-ache around 2 in the afternoon and it stays with me the rest of the day. I am so mad at myself for ever going back. I am now trying to ween back down the caffeine. Not giving it up just backing off a bit. These head-aches are just not worth it.


Play along at An Island Life for Aloha Friday. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

16 Comments Welcome:

Diane said...

i've thought about giving it up but i just cant seem to do it! i love sweet tea. i am down to just one a day here lately, only cuz i'm too lazy to go get another one later in day. (i always go in the morning!)

towards the end of the day i try to drink something good for me like juice.

i never drink pop except for an occasional root beer. and when i go out to eat i usually order a strawberry lemonade or just water.

simply_unique said...

caffeine and lots of it I have to have my MT Dew!

Kristi said...

I'm a caffeine junky, with diet coke being my poison. I got sick awhile back from it and gave it up for awhile, but for some reason, it all came back.

Alicia said...

Lately my source of caffeine is from starbucks and its a White Chocolate Mocha and then there is always tea. I ♥ tea!

T Rex Mom said...

I don't really have one. I go on food jags where all I want is one thing and then it passes. Right now all I want is Wonder bread.

Little to no caffeine for me - none while pregnant and none while exclusively breastfeeding (made my little one grumpy). Now only occasionally since I am still breastfeeding only morning and night. I just feel healthier - it might be a mental thing.

Thanks for sharing!

Faith - That's Just Freaking Lovely said...

I LOVE coffee. I only drink 2 cups a day because I don't want to over caffeinate myself. My second favorite drink is Caffeeine Free Diet Pepsi.

Jennifer said...

I'm not really a caffeine addict, however; I will enjoy a Dr. Pepper from time to time.

I used to stay hooked on Moutain Dews,but I kept getting kidney stones.

Jenna said...

I'm not really big on coffee, but drink it from time to time. I like lattes with extra extra milk! But I do have a diet dr. pepper thing going on! I drink it when I get up and all day. Sometimes I drink a coke zero to change things up for a bit, but always go back to my beloved diet dr. pepper!

Tara said...

Well, thankfully caffeine is the one "food" I was never addicted to...I normally drink the uncaffeinated brand.. it doesn't matter.. now sugar and carbs now thats a problem I have LOL

Heatherlyn said...

I'm not a coffee person (although I love the smell). But I don't handle caffeine very well anyway. I have to drink a monster drink while I volunteer in my kids classes (or my brain gets bored and I fall asleep, I guess that's why. I don't know. But I have to stay awake!). I can usually only drink half of the monster drink and it keeps me awake but I feel really strange!!! I think my system is really sensitive.

Anonymous said...

Caffeine and red wine are my poisons. I usually just drink regular coffee with milk, but sometimes I get a skinny vanilla latte. :-) Happy Friday!

sues2u2 said...

I usually just drink water. Occasionally I'll have a leaded dt coke but only rarely.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Unleaded all the way. I gave up beverages with caffeine in it and my headaches got so much better. In fact now they hardly show up unless there is a storm coming.

janetfaye said...

I get my daily caffeine from Diet Coke and hot tea.

Unknown said...

I try not to dring too much but I love me some coffee in my Keurig. The gloria jeans french vanilla supreme is my fave.

Caitlin said...

I am a one-cup-a-day coffee addict.
If I don't have it by about noon, OOOOHHH my head POUNDS!

And I love the way it tastes, too, so why ever quit?

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template