June 03, 2009

VACATIONS FROM THE PAST


We are about to take another wonderful family vacation. I will fill you in on the details of our trip when we return.

As a tribute to the past I thought I would go back in time and share some of our past vacations. So here is my Friday Photo Flashback:

Play along with Friday Photo Flashback.


1995 - Hawaii

This was one of the first vacations that Eric and I ever went on together.

1997 - Mackinac (Mackinaw) Island
If you have never been here it is a really fun place to go.

This is a picture of Eric and I on the fairy over to the island. Oh to be in my early 20's again!

1998 - Cruise in the Caribbean
This was also our Wedding in St. Thomas and honey moon.

2005 - Naples Florida

Luke was two and this trip was the first time he had ever flown on an airplane. It was exciting. The photo was of a boat cruise we took and he hated it! He was one grumpy kid this whole cruise, the good part was it was just us and one other couple on the boat. We have a video recording of this somewhere.

2006 - Mackinaw Island (again) This really is one of our favorite vacation spots. It is such a fun family type place.

Here is a photo of Luke after we took an island tour by horse. On this island their are no cars allowed. You either travel by walking, riding a bike or by horse. What I love about this photo is to this day you can ask Luke about this trip and he will tell you that the horses in this photo are named Molly and Sam.
2008 - Destin Florida


This was last summers vacation and Thomas's first vacation with us. Every afternoon he took a nap under the big umbrella on the beach. It was so cute to see. Don't you just love those chunky legs.

For Aloha Friday, my question this week is:
Where is your favorite vacation destination?

Obviously you can tell we really like the water and going to the beach.

Play along at An Island Life for Aloha Friday. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life.

20 Comments Welcome:

Auntie E said...

Puket Island, Thailand. I really loved it there:-)

Diane said...

i've not been on many real vacations unfortunately. the best place i've ever visited though was san diego. i really never wanted to leave! especially having to come back to detroit!

you and your hubby are adorable together!

Muthering Heights said...

You've been on some great vacations!

We love the beach also, but haven't been there in three years...

Susie said...

What a wonderful history recap:-)

Valerie said...

Disney World!!

Deni said...

Gatlinburg - mostly the Smoky Mountains.

sues2u2 said...

Love those chunky legs! Nothing quite like baby "love".

The kids & I love the beach but Hubby prefers hiking or car shows. We all enjoyed the Disney Cruise we took 3 yrs ago though!

Caitlin said...

Those chunky thighs! I just want to eat them!

My favorite vacation spot is Manzanita on the Oregon Coast

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

We don't do much vacationing. Two years ago we went to Disney World, and that was pretty great!

More Than Words said...

Wow..you've been to some great places! My sister and her family live in Hawaii!

Oh my gosh, I love your sons CHUNKY legs!!!!!! So cute!!!!!!

Have a fun vacation, Nina, and thank you for joining in this week!

Messy Mommy said...

I don't care where, as long as it's a cruise I'm good.

Anonymous said...

None yet! I would love to go back to Florida.

Becca said...

My favorite places that I have been to multiple times are Washington DC and San Francisco. Israel was amazing but I've only been there once and I definitely want to go back!

Joyeful said...

Oh, oh, oh--It is my DREAM to vacation with my hubby in Hawaii! You all have been to some fun places! We've been to Destin many times and we love it--I've got pics of my babes on the beach there too!!

Nice to meet you!

betty said...

what great pictures of vacation times spent with loved ones! hope you are enjoying your vacation now!

betty

Tara said...

I used to live in the Philippines.. it is soo beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Juggling Mama: VACATIONS FROM THE PAST" to our Directory of Pets . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


Warm Regards

Vaca-tion.info Team

http://www.vaca-tion.info

T Rex Mom said...

We used to take a pretty decent vacation every 18 months or so. We have not been on a vacation since T Rex was born - we're in desperate need of one!

Have a great time!

Heatherlyn said...

What a cute little baby sleeping! Oh, they are so cute at that age! It looks like you've had some really nice family vacations. Those are so nice!

Maggie said...

Those pictures are awesome!! You guys look great!! =)

I love your son's little chubby legs - haha - SO cute!!!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template