We were off on Friday and we decided to take Luke to see the new Transformers movie that he has been just dying to see. Luke loves the first Transformers movie and he watches it over and over on DVD. He has become a huge Transformers fan.
Now I would just like to say to the movie makers of Transformers II why, why, why?
We took my 6 year old to see the second Transformers and the language in the movie was so inappropriate. I was so mad at the language in the movie because I am sitting in the theater with a 6 year old just in shock at what I am hearing. So uncalled for and so inappropriate for a movie that they know kids are going to want to see. Especially after the success of the first one and the excitement it generated from kids. Yes the first movie had a touch of language but not nearly as bad as the second one. They took a really good movie and made it inappropriate for kids.
What makes me madder is they targeted the movie to kids. For the last month Nickelodeon has shown previews and sneak peaks of the movie to the kids. They are part of the reason my son was so excited to go see the movie. I thought the movie was good but so much of the language was uncalled for and could have been replaced with something else. REALLY WHY TAKE A GOOD MOVIE AND DIRTY IT UP?
Have you seen the movie? Have you ever taken your kids to a movie and were surprised by something in the movie that you did not expect?





9 Comments Welcome:
Oh ... my husband and I saw that. We always see a pg-13 movie before our kids to decide if they can see it.
I would say, transformers II is NOT a movie for kids. Not even for 13 year-old kids.
Not at all.
Yeah. The language ... they danced around a LOT of bad words, not saying them but saying them at the same time. And there was a ton of sexual innuendo completely inappropriate for kids ... and teenagers too! Ironically, the relationship between Sam and his girlfriend was clean. But the superfluous stuff going on in the movie made it totally inappropriate for children.
My little kids will be disappointed. They loved the first transformers movie. But we won't let them see this new one.
I completely agree with you.
havent seen it but yea, they know kids are going to want to see it and if they make kids toys based off a movie they should make the movie appropriate for kids.
there are adult collectible toys based off movies, but that's not what i mean.
if you can get it at toys r us, the kids should be able to see it.
We went to see it this past weekend - definitely a little shady for little ones. I am not a big fan of taking young kids to the movies anyways because sometimes the sound is so loud. Our pediatrician said it can permanently damage their hearing.
So sad there was a tiny baby in the theater when we went. It kept crying and I just wanted to tell that mom the loud noises were probably hurting his ears.
So, yes, cover their ears for several reasons!
My son is 7 and REALLY wants to see it but we have told him he isn't old enough. I have not seen it yet, but I'm sometimes shocked at what's in some G rated movies. Not so much language but the subject matter of some is not appropriate for kids 5 or under.
I don't think you can really trust the rating system. But I also don't think you can shield kids from everything either. After all, sometimes people use language like that at the park or beach. You just have to teach them what's appropriate and acceptable for your family.
Oh, that is really too bad. I hate that kind of bait and switch! :-(
Yeah, I wonder why in the world they specifically advertise to kids knowing that the movie is really not for their little ears anyway. I don't get it.
That's terrible!!! I haven't seen this movie yet (my husband is a fan, LOL!), but I think it's awful that it was marketed to kids if it is so foul!
That is too bad! I hate when they market to the kids and then don't consider something like appropriate language!
We haven't seen either one, my son isn't into transformers...yet!
I TOTALLY agree with you. My husband and I saw it with my brother in law and nephew (6) and our older son, Josh, and yeah, there were many times I looked over at my husband in shock at what I was hearing. Totally uncalled for. I am about sick to death of these producers thinking they have to put language in a movie just to make it better or more appealing. So stupid. Even my 14 year old said, "Mom, why do they think they have to use those words to make the movie cool?! I would have liked it, anyway!" We WON'T be buying that one on DVD, I don't care if we have the first one or not. I don't want that filth in my house.
Post a Comment