Sunday night my friend and I went to see Carri Underwood in concert. She was the winner of American Idol 5 years ago (where does the time go) and was my pick way back when to win it. She has been a huge success ever since.
I absolutly love country music and she is part of that and my goodness can this gal sing. I don't know how she can talk after one of her concerts because she has such a powerful voice and she can carry a note for a long time.
While I love her as a country music singer I also love the songs that she sings. I find them very touching and moving all in the same. Her first hit was "Jesus Take the Wheel" and it has just gone on from their. Funny thing when that song came out we had recently be talking in church about how so many people want to be in the drivers seats of our lives but we need to give that control over to Jesus. So fitting!!! Her second album hit me very hard as my cousin a couple years older than I am, 3 kids with one on the way and her husband was killed in an accident. Literatly right after that happened Carries song "Just a Dream" came out. It made me want to cry every time for my cousin who was now faced with raising her children with out their father and one child who will never know his father.
Ok, Ok... enough of the sad stuff. Sorry!
On Sunday April 18th Carrie Underwood won the Artist of the Year award at the Academy of Country Music awards. The only female artist to have ever won this award twice. She won last year also and was the first female artist since the 90's to win this award, beating out some powerhouse male artists.
The song that she currently has that just moves me every time I listen to it is "Temporary Home". If you are not a country music person but want to hear an absolutely beautiful song please listing to this link here (Click here for CMT video of song). At the concert she said she cries about 50% of the time when she sings this song. She didn't cry at the concert I went to but she did cry when she sang it at the awards show and it was so moving for me.
At the concert when she sang it she had this beautiful house on the screen behind her and as she sang this house faded away and fell apart just as all material things will do in our life or after we are gone. It was also very touching.
If you watch the video link sorry, I don't like how it interups the song at the end for the video part of it because by far the best part of this song is the ending.
I would love to know if you are a Carrie fan? If not, are you familiar with her songs? Do you watch American Idol? I haven't watched for a few years (probably since Carrie won actually) but Carrie has been one of my favorites from Idol.
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(5)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
▼
2010
(56)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (1)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/25 - 08/01 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (2)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (2)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (1)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (2)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (2)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (2)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- ► 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (2)
-
►
2009
(176)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (3)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (2)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (3)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (2)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (4)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (4)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (4)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (6)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (3)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (3)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (5)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (4)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (4)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (4)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (4)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (5)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (3)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (5)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (6)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (3)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (6)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (5)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (5)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (6)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (5)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (5)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (4)
-
►
2008
(97)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (4)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (4)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (4)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (8)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (3)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (5)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (5)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (6)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (6)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (6)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (3)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (2)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (4)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (4)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (4)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (5)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (6)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
Categories
- 5 Things Thursday (4)
- Aloha Friday (49)
- Award (2)
- babies (14)
- birthdays (4)
- breastfeeding (3)
- Cooking (1)
- dogs (2)
- eric (1)
- Family (9)
- Focus Friday (4)
- Friday Flash Back (2)
- funny things (3)
- gardening (1)
- goals (1)
- green mom (1)
- holidays (20)
- Housework (3)
- Husbands (3)
- illness (2)
- kids (39)
- Letters (1)
- Luke (32)
- meals (1)
- Motivate Me Monday (11)
- pets (2)
- photo finish friday (4)
- Romance (1)
- Rules (1)
- savings (2)
- school (2)
- tagged (1)
- Take Me Back Tuesday (2)
- Thomas (33)
- Thursday Thirteen (6)
- time manegment (1)
- vacations (7)
- Winnings (1)
- Wordful Wednesday (18)
- Wordless Wednesday (12)
- working mom (2)
April 27, 2010
FANTASTIC!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nina
- Hi I am Nina! OK Nina is a nickname but I doubt you really care. I am 35 years old, married, two wonderful boys. Luke is my sweet gentile 6 year old and Thomas is my wild and crazy 2 year old. The two of them wear me out but I love everything about them. I hope you enjoy all our crazy adventures as much as we do.




4 Comments Welcome:
Wow! I am so not up on these kinds of things. We don't watch TV so I've never seen American Idol and I don't even know who this gal is. But it sounds like you had a fabulous time and she seems to be quite an artist. I'm glad you were able to get out and do something enjoyable for you!
I don't think I'm really a "fan" of anyone in particular. I think she has a lovely voice and is a smart, talented, hard-working person.
What a great concert I bet that was! I love Carri Underwood's music and the songs you mentioned are very powerful! Oh, and I am a huge country music fan too!
I love her new song! I like country music, but don't keep up too much with any one person. We listen to CMT in the mornings which is the only reason I knew she sang that song. If I hear it on the radio I never know who sings what!
Post a Comment