April 07, 2010

I MISSED IT

This has been an awful week for me. I woke up Monday morning with a sore throat, went to work and by 3 in the afternoon my entire body ached and I was miserable and left early for the day. Came home and went to bed, spent all day yesterday in bed also. Finally, my fever has passed along with the aches but my throat is a nightmare. My glands are so swollen and it hurts so much. I did get up and go to work today and since I only work 4 hours today it wasn't so bad. I just wish I could eat and drink with out so much pain. Oh and don't forget the sleeping.... I never new a person swallowed so much in their sleep until you can't. This is keeping me up all night long.

The worst part about me getting so sick.... I missed Thomas's first day of preschool. I was so heart broken to let my husband take him on his first day. I had been looking forward to this moment for weeks and it was taken from me.

Instead my husband got to take him and pick him up. He came home so happy and seemed to really like school.

I will also note that mom's and dad's are so different. If I would have picked him up I would have asked 20 questions, my husband asks none. Figures!

Now I did take him this morning and he did cry when it was time for me to leave. Luke went to this same preschool and started at 2 years old. He cried every morning I left even at the age of 4 so this is something I am use too. Oh and don't think this is a bad place because he cried every single day. When it was time to go home he never wanted to leave.

I do think Thomas will only cry the first couple times he is dropped off and then he will be fine.

Many of you might remember my struggle with my choice of do I put him in early preschool or keep him with the sitter. My sitters family had a lot of things going on and the writing was on the wall. I feared she was going to up and move away and sure enough two weeks after I scheduled Thomas for preschool she announced she was moving. She did give everyone 4 weeks notice which was good but I had 6 weeks before the start date at the preschool. So we had a week of juggling and a week of vacation/spring break.

Needless to say this choice was forced on me and honestly I am glad it was. It cost me twice as much but I can deal with it and I think Thomas is going to really blossom from this experience.

6 Comments Welcome:

T Rex Mom said...

Please feel better soon! A little ibuprofen with meals might help the sore throat.

I'm so sad that you missed the first day of preschool but sounds like it will be a good experience for young Thomas.

Heatherlyn said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. Sore throats are awful!!! I'm sorry you missed the first day of preschool! But it sounds like the preschool will be a great experience for him! He's at a good age to really enjoy it!

Caitlin said...

oh man! Sorry you missed the first day! Glad he likes it- I used to teach daycare and the kids would pretty much all cry until about 2 seconds after the moms left! haha!

Brandi said...

That is a huge bummer that you missed his first day! Glad it's going well though! I hope that you start feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

That is so sad that you missed his first day! Isn't it funny how Dad's do things differently. I bet he is going to do fine, mine needs to be in the more structured preschool his sister went to but change is so hard for him and he doesn't want to leave his in home daycare yet.

Maggie said...

Oh, I bet he LOVES it!! Jonah has been going to the same daycare now for 1½ years, and he always cries with me, even now. So, most days, Daddy takes him. It's just so much easier on the both of us. And, then I get to pick up, the fun part!! =)

Sorry you missed his first day. And hope you are feeling better!!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template